Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Fa La La La La

Hi everyone - I'm here with a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge - #89 Animal Antics:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; scraps;
Paper Studio A2 card; Hero Arts glitter paper
Stamps with Dies - Simon Says Stamp Carol Singers (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Snowy Street Lamp;
Other - Copic Markers; Distress Inks; foam tape;
Recollections puffy stickers;
Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Versamark ink;
Ranger Seafoam White embossing powder

Jo and her elf Gundi want to see animals playing in the snow. I flipped through the Christmas stamps and found this never-used Simon Says Stamp set from Stamptember 2017. Decided to give it some love and thought that animals playing musical instruments would be a different take on "playing in the snow" - lol.

Stamped/die cut/colored the three critters. Die cut some snow and a lamp post. Backed the open part of the lamp with a scrap of orangey yellow paper (left out the candle which I used on a previous card). The lamp post is too long for a horizontal A2 card so I trimmed off the excess and covered the bottom with a snow bank.

Stamped and white embosed the sentiment on a pastel blue A2 card. Blended Stormy Sky Distress Ink over the top half of the card and added some Black Soot to the edges. Assembled the elements onto the card & added some puffy musical note stickers - done!

The lamp post set is one I bought locally through the Hero Arts 2024 Holiday Shopbox program. New holiday isn't released at Hero yet but I shared a link to Simon Says Stamp where Shopbox items are now available online. The full release will be online at Hero Arts on August 22nd - can't wait!!

Since my stamp set got first play here, I'll add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #65 & also to Merry Little Christmas Challenge #57 where anything goes for Christmas.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!!




14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card and images. Thank you for your comments-much appreciated.
Carol x

Jean said...

Adorable and so Christmassy!

Arlene said...

So very cute! I love these musical critters.

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling trio they are! This is fun, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda.

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Linda, what a beautiful little crew of carolers - all so cute, but I especially like the bunny on the keyboard! Thanks so much for joining Gundi and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Pia S said...

This is so cute and colorful and detailed! A beautiful make.

Cat Craig said...

Linda, what a great take on the challenge.

Trina P. said...

Fabulous and festive. These trio of carollers are too cute!

Rosemary said...

Your trio of musical critters are so cute on your fun and festive card, Linda!

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

So very cute!
Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Little Christmas.
Annie (DT)

Greta said...

Just adorable and I love that you thought of this for "playing in the snow!"

papierelle said...

You just want to join in the singing. Thanks so much for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart!! Gundi

Kim said...

I love this card. So cute. Thanks for joining the challenge at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.