Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, August 16, 2024

Kaleidoscope birthday cards

Hi all - TGIF!! I've been meaning to play with along with the current Group of Seven Cardmakers technique - Kaleidoscope. All seven shared wonderful cards on their technique post & it looked like such fun! Loll's beautiful reminder card got me motivated to try the technique this morning. And after seeing Marcia's lovely card for Color Hues #93, I decided to use the Orange/Yellow combo.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove A2 card
My Mind's Eye patterned; scraps of yellow
Stamps - My Favorite Things Itty Bitty Basics (retired)
Dies - Taylored Expressions Easy Strips 1/4 & Easy Strips 1/8
Other - Hero Arts Lemon Drop & Creamscicle inks; 
Memento Tangelo ink; enamel dots

An MME paper pad (The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine) with orange & yellow patterns was sitting on the table from a Diva post coming up next week. I pulled out an orange floral print which had some soft yellow in the background. I brushed yellow ink on some of the flowers and orange on others for some interest. Die cut the 6x6 piece using two TE strip dies, then cut the balance in half. Here's a view of the paper on the Vagabond:

I arranged the strips towards the bottom as Loll did on her card but I left no spaces. Stamped the MFT sentiment in orange. Next I cut some daisies from a Poppystamps set & arranged on the card. Added some enamel dots to the flower centers - done!

Since I had so many strips left, I made another card - this time orienting my strips vertically & leaving some space between them:


Additional supplies: Paper Studio pastel orange A2 card;
Park Lane gem

That's it for today, friends! It's a gloomy day here so perfect for staying inside to craft. 

Thanks for visiting!



11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What great examples of that technique. Simple and effective xx

Cat Craig said...

I keep thinking about trying that technique...thanks for the reminder.

Trina P. said...

That pattern paper was made for this color hues duo! Great idea to use it with this technique. Wonderful card.

Greta said...

These turned out great, Linda! Love the pattern paper you used!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using patterned paper with the Kaleidoscope technique, Linda!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

Jean said...

What cool die sets to cut those strips. And this paper works wonderfully for the dies.

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO Pretty!!!!

Nancy said...

Such a great idea to take that pretty paper cut it up and make it your own. I love both of your cards showcasing the colors we have this time at Color Hues. Thanks for joining us.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of cards, Linda! So bright and cheerful. Love that you went clean and simple with the technique!

JulieP said...

I love how you jazzed up the designer paper to make it fit your needs. These are just beautiful and very cleverly done. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun technique! Love your take with this weeks colors. Thank you so much for playing along with Color Hues Color Challenge!