Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 3, 2024

A See Through Card

Happy Saturday everyone!! I'm here with a card for episode #226 of Craft Roulette (see the replay HERE). I wasn't able to watch live since I was participating in a chorus choreography class - very fun but right during CR. I watched when I got home but it got too late to start crafting. Here's the card I made today:


Supplies: Paper - Acetate A2 card; Neenah Solar White
Stamps with Dies - Avery Elle This Book (retired)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design
Other - Copic Markers; Sharpie fineliners;
foam tape

This week host Mary Gunn FUNN had Tracey Phillips as guest for the second time. The first time was actually the first time I played along at Craft Roulette! I should've mentioned then that Tracey has a YouTube Channel called Mindless Crafting. She also does a kid's show and has an online store with stamps, etc. Interesting parameters this week:


  • Project - See Through: I made an acetate card.
  • Colors - Jungle: Used greens and browns.
  • Element - Teach(es)/Teacher(s): I used a wise owl teacher with school books.
  • Random - Tangle: Zentangle was suggested in the discussion so thought I'd try it!

I've watched Jennifer McGuire's great video on Clear Cards so decided to try one for Craft Roulette. I formed a top fold A2 card with a piece of acetate. Die cut a rectangle from white Neenah and did zentangle (after watching a video) as a border using a green Sharpie. Colored the border with a green Copic. Stamped, die cut and colored the books and owl. Doodled some zentangle & handwritten titles on the books. Left a sentiment off since I couldn't think of one. I'll finish off the inside as Jennifer shows in her video.

Here's a view of the card standing up; you can barely see the acetate but it's there:


Sadly, the cute Avery Elle set (from 2012) is retired. Even sadder, it's the first time I'm using it!! Typical, right? Anyway, I'll add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #65 since my owl and books are newly used today.

That's it for today - thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card and a cute stamp!

Rosemary said...

What a fun card with that cute little owl, Linda!

Pia S said...

It’s the first time I see a card base made of acetate! It’s a fun twist and I think it works really well to showcase your cute owl and the zentangle details come through well too.

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Linda. Great use of the parameters. I'm giving it a miss this week - my brain just won't compute them!

Jean said...

An adorable "teacher/school" selection. A wonderful take with the parameters.

Trina P. said...

Cute card. Great first attempt at Zentangles, too.

Darnell said...

Look at all the fun techniques in one fabulous card! This is cool, Linda! I bought a bunch of acetate fold cards, prolly back in 2012, and I've never used them, so thank you for that inspiration and for linking to NBUS! Great Zentangling, too! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is such fun.

Arlene said...

Great use of parameters. I'll have to take a look at Jennifer's video. I was tempted by ZenTangles, but didn't get to it. Great card and very creative.

Greta said...

What a cute card, Linda! One day maybe I'll make a clear card as I do like the look.