Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Some birthday cards

Hey there - happy November! Did you enjoy the extra hour of sleep if you "fell back"? We didn't hand out any treats this year for Halloween - so sad not to see all the little kiddies in their costumes last night! Instead we ate a jumbo bag of assorted candies - sorry kids!!

This weekend I worked on cards for November birthdays, starting with one for my nephew:



Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle green A2 card; 
Graphic 45 & BoBunny patterns;
Poptone Black Licorice; Neenah White
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired);
Other - star gems (thanks again, Heather!);
Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips Birthdays;
Hero Arts clear lacquer; 
Copic Markers (C1, C3, BG0000, G00, G02, E30)

Such a fun image for a guy and on the inside I used another SSS sentiment strip that said "You're not getting older; you're increasing in value". Very true of neffypoo! I'm adding this one to Watercooler Wednesday's All Occasion Challenge hosted by Karen.

Next, I used another stitched panel my sister Tami made for me. It's a large one so needed an A7 card. All I did on this one was use Copics to color within the outline stitching, mat the panel and add to a card with a few gems. Tami used her embroidery machine to stitch right on patterned paper (sorry - don't know the brand) backed with fusible interfacing (correction - just plain). So fun!! If you missed my previous post with a different panel Tami stitched, see it here.



That's it for today - thanks for stopping by!!




6 comments:

Betty said...

two great cards, Linda - so your sister fuses backing to pp and then embroiders on it???

Rosemary said...

you sure have been busy creating fabulous cards, linda! your nephew will love his birthday card! so fun that you can collaborate with your sister in such a creative way! we got about 15 trick or treaters... that was way more than i was expecting!

Greta said...

Love the co-creation! And the card for your nephew is perfect! No trick or treaters here. Fritz was happy no doorbell ringing & wish I would have bought some good candy we could have eaten--haha!

Cat Craig said...

Love the cards so nice to add to the stash, and to collaborate that's such fun.

Karen Brown said...

Two really nice cards! The card for your nephew is perfect for our masculine theme this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Jean said...

Absolutely fantastic!