Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Joyful Greetings

Busy day today but I managed enough coloring for Day 7 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) Coloring Challenge. I had my watercolors out from a previous day and I decided to go with them, using a new medallion die from Hero Arts.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Brights;
Strathmore 140 lb Cold Press Watercolor;
Dies - Hero Arts Snowflake Medallion Fancy Die and
Stamps - Hero Arts CL114 Joyful Greetings &
CL622 Designer Snowflakes (both retired)
Other - Prima Metallic Accents watercolors;
Memento Rosebud & Versamark inks;
Ranger Princess gold ep

I die cut the medallion from watercolor paper and watercolored with pinks and blues, merging on the borders for purple (plus I enhanced with more purple). The background circle was watercolored with yellow, gold and a few dabs of copper. The shimmer is so lovely in real life!! Stamped and gold embossed my sentiment on that circle then matted onto a blue one. Card is cut to A6 - A2 was too small, A7 too big and A6, as Goldilocks would say "just right"! Layered 3 snowflake dies for dimension and stamped a couple tone-on-tone snowflakes off edge for interest. Final touch was a sentiment strip - done!

Because I stamped off the edge and watercolored, this works for the current CAS Mix Up Challenge (third & final entry). Also used non-traditional colors so I'm adding to CAS Christmas (third & final entry) too. Finally - to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since my medallion die is getting first play today and to Merry Little Christmas Anything Christmas Goes (second entry there). Thanks for all the fun challenges!!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you're enjoying the day! Happy crafting!!


 













 

 

14 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty - love the color combo and perfect for those challenges!

Dawn T said...

what a really pretty card Linda. The watercoloured piece is beautiful.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous non traditional colours for Christmas Linda, such a pretty design, thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

CinnamonSally said...

Wow what a bright pretty card Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Gosh that is a fun die, Linda. Love your design.

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty, I love the colours xx

Trina P. said...

Lovely card in bright non-traditional colors. Wonderful watercoloring. A great design. Thank you for joining us at CAs Christmas.

AlisonC said...

I love that die and the way you have coloured it is so pretty. The pink and snowflakes set it off beautifully.

Bonnie said...

The die cut medallion is beautiful in these colors, Linda! It works perfectly with the subtle snowflakes in the background! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Love your die cut medallion watercolored using non-traditional Christmas colors. Wonderful off the edge stamped background on your colored cardstock. TFS and so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy

Inkami said...

Beautiful spotlight design, the colours are perfect for winter.

Jean said...

Marvelously fun - the tone-on-tone stamping in the corners is really effective.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a bright and joyful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina dt

Greta said...

Pretty watercoloring & love the snowflakes in the background!