Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Berry Merry Christmas

Hey crafty friends - I'm back with more coloring for Kathy's (The Daily Marker) current Coloring Challenge. It's Day 2 of only 11 for this one, very doable. I decided to color a Power Poppy image I ordered after the last Coloring Challenge. Marcella has so many gorgeous stamps and digis - this image is from a Holiday clear stamp set.


Supplies: Paper - Strathmore watercolor; Paper Studio A2 card;
Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes 6x6
Stamps - Power Poppy Berry Sweet Holiday
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle;
Lawn Fawn Stitched Labels
Other - Yasutomo watercolors; Hero Arts clear lacquer;
Copic black multiliner; various pencils;
Memento Desert Sand ink

I was also inspired by Bonnie's(Stamping with Klass) challenge over at CAS Mix Up where she's hosting with the theme of Watercolor & Off the Edge. I've never played there before so first-timer! I stamped my image off the edge of my watercolor paper using a pale beige ink to do no-line watercoloring. I stamped a second time coming down from the top and ended up trimming most of it off. I considered leaving it outline but ended up coloring it lighter than the main image. I added lacquer to the candy cane to make it stand out. I die cut three of the labels and layered for dimension, stamping the sentiment on the light teal one (the others were scraps). Done!

I'll also add (2nd entry) to Watercooler Wednesday for All Occasions. That's it for today - thanks for visiting and thanks to all hosts for the fun challenges!!


 







12 comments:

Rosemary said...

Your watercoloring is so lovely on this beautiful Christmas card, Linda!

Jean said...

The design, the coloring, the extra touches - spectacular!

Karen Brown said...

Beautiful Christmas card! So festive and merry. :-) Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

HilaryJane said...

Welcome to CAS Mix Up, I am so glad you have joined us with this beautiful card and amazing colouring xx

Jo said...

Such a fun and festive image to colour, love the design of your card ... a berry beautiful one at that. Great job. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card.

Zoechaos said...

Your colouring is fabulous. x

ionabunny said...

I think Let's Squash It! might be interupting my appreciation of CAS cos I love that blue colour you used but it looks like it could do with an embossing folder LOL. But it is beautifully CAS and as I said a very gorgeous colour. Love your watercoloured candy cane bouquet. Very pretty card. Hugz

Helen said...

I love this sweet little Christmas image with so many special elements, Linda! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care! :)

Bonnie said...

I Love your candy cane bouquet, Linda! You've colored so beautifully and made the candy canes look so realistic with the lacquer shine! I love how the teal plays with the Christmas colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Greta said...

So pretty, Linda! Don't know if I'll get anything colored this time, but enjoy seeing what everyone is doing!

Created by Kath said...

I love the coloring! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT