Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Yellow and Kraft

Happy Thursday - almost the weekend, yay! I'm popping in with a quick card for the current Color Hues Challenge Yellow and Kraft - great combo!! Here's my take:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio & Ms Sparkle
Stamps - Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy
Dies - Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired);
Simon Says Stamp Detail Ringlet Plate
Inks - Memento Desert Sand;
Hero Arts Fiesta Yellow;
Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw,
& Antique Linen Distress Inks

When I spotted CHC's latest combo, my mind immediately went to yellow roses - a nod to my friend Lin (Sending Hugs) who loves them. I absolutely adore the Everything's Rosy stamp set from Sunny Studio and have used it often!! Because I used yellow and kraft papers to stamp the flower and leaves, the colors turned out way different from stamping on white. Looks a bit orangey in the photo but definitely shades of yellow. I like that some kraft color came through on the flower giving some depth. I also like the texture from the SSS ringlet plate - got it during Stamptember and it's getting its second play today. Will also send my card to Watercooler Wednesday where Michelle hosts Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist. This card will actually go to a former coworker who'll celebrate her bday later this month - sorry Lin!!

Thanks for visiting!!

  


18 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LINDA!!! OH my goodness this is so beautiful! You've immediately brought me right back into the arms of my sweet mama, who adored yellow roses - see they are for remembrance!
You might know that I love a cover plate - this one might have to come live with this mama! xx
=]

Betty said...

everything about your card is so lovely, Linda - love the design and the subtle background

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful. Course Yellow is my favorite color. I like that you used it as an accent to the lovely kraft.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful indeed! This color combo does look good!!

Rosemary said...

this is so pretty, linda! the yellow flower is stunning against the kraft background! you have been one busy bee lately... having a hard time keeping up, lol!

Karen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love that Detail Ringlet Plate, and I don't think I've ever seen it before. Your rose is beautiful as is the design of this stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Trina P. said...

I remembered you using this layering rose stamp set before! You’ve used it again beautifully using the current color hues. Well done!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunner of a card Linda! I love the shades of yellow and that gorgeous thin frame showing around the textured panel. I carried yellow roses at my wedding Linda and you've brought back some lovely memories :)
Vicky x

Jean said...

Wonderful texture! The background really works with the floral image.

Nancy said...

I love this stamp set and you have really showcased it beautifully Linda! The Card is just stunning! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues we really appreciate it!

Karen Brown said...

Beautiful! I love the kraft background with its wonderful interest and texture. The blooms, leaves and enamel dots provide just the right amount contrast. Have a wonderful week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Kristie Goulet said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the texture in the background. Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

Dawn T said...

this one is a stunner Linda. Love the colour combo and that rose is amazing. So happy you have joined us at Watercooler Wednesday this week my friend.

Julie B said...

I love the textured background to your pretty yellow rose, super card.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Color Hues too.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful yellow rose for your lovely background. Love this stamp set and your fabulous card. Glad you joined us at the Color Hues challenge. JoAnn, GD

Created by Kath said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath- DT

Greta said...

I've seen so many beautiful cards for that color challenge & yours is one of them, Linda! Someone will be delighted to open this card on their special day!

ionabunny said...

Oooh, that's lovely. What a great colour combo. Hugz