Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, November 2, 2020

October Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Hey crafty friends - time to reveal the cards that went round the world for the October Card Chain Challenge!! Twenty-nine people participated and you can see the entire chain here. I sent this card to Chris L in Illinois:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio brown; 
Echo Park & Pink Paislee patterns;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb
Stamps - Hero Arts Sept 2020 My Monthly Hero kit,
Hero Greetings Mini Messages, & All Occasion Msgs (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints & Cloud 9 (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; inks from kit - Lemon Drop, Creamsicle, 
Grape Slush, Cup o' Joe, & Moss

Back in September when I was considering all of the October Card Chain options (colors, sketch, theme, techniques), my Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit arrived. I was very excited about this kit because it contains a Heroscape with loads of layers to create a fun scene. All my thoughts about the Card Chain colors and sketch went flying as I dove into my kit. I ended up working in the theme of friendship with a Hello Friend sentiment, plus you can also see bits of the featured colors - pumpkin (in the patch), chocolate (dark chocolate card), and cherry (on Mr. Scarecrow's shirt). 

Mr. Scarecrow was a bit of a challenge because it's a solid stamp with just the small openings of the face. I stamped him on various colors until I finally decided on Antique Linen with some of the kit's Lemon Drop on top, then colored with Copics. Another make it work moment - I was ink blending a sky and didn't like it. Suddenly my eye spied a scrap of cloud paper - viola! I used the kit's die to cut out the scene and popped it over the cloud panel. Decided the sentiment would be fun on a couple die cut clouds as I've done in the past.

I received this beauty from Nathalie in Quebec. Just love her colorful critters and leaves atop that gorgeous cover die!!


Thanks for stopping by and, if you're interested, join us for the November chain! Sign up here by November 6th. Happy crafting!!



8 comments:

Betty said...

your card is a little work of art - everything about it wonderful!!

HilaryJane said...

Good choice with the sky, it looks amazing and it makes this card very special with all those clouds echoing all the pumpkins xx

papierelle said...

You've created a beautiful autumn scene!! Love it!!

Rosemary said...

love your fun fall themed design, linda!

Jean said...

Stunning fall card!

Jutta said...

Love how you've built such a pretty Autumn scene on your card!

Annerieke said...

Hi Linda, you made a wonderful card, I love this autumn scene. Mr. Scarecrow is so cute! You also received a lovely card.
Hugs, Annerieke

Greta said...

What a great scene you stamped, Linda! The card you got is a beauty!