Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, November 13, 2020

Snowflake print making

TGIF and Friday the 13th, no less! Day 3 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) Coloring Challenge and I decided to revisit her print-making coloring from a previous challenge. I had loads of fun with it this summer (see an example here) and thought it would be great using a large snowflake die.


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle & Co A2 card;
Strathmore 140 lb Cold Press Watercolor;
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle;
Hero Arts Snowflake Fancy Die (retired)
Other - Yasutomo watercolors; Twinkling H2Os;
Michael's gem

Basically all you do is die cut something from watercolor paper and paint it while it sits atop a sheet of more watercolor paper. Once painted you can spritz the object and use it as a stamp too. Cut a portion of the print you want to feature and away you go! Added my panel to an A2 card. Layered an unpainted snowflake behind the painted one for dimension and added a gem. Adhered to card and added a sentiment stripe - done!! This card works great for mass production - very quick and easy!

I had selectively die cut my print so it was off the edge. That way it would work for the current CAS Mix Up Challenge (second entry). Also used non-traditional colors so I'm adding to CAS Christmas (second entry) too. My card works at Watercooler Wednesday for All Occasions (my third and final there). Thanks for all the fun challenges!!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a crafty weekend! Stay safe out there!!


 


 


15 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Such sweet card! Love how the print making turned out!

Jules said...

Hi Linda

A great finished card using what sounds like a really fun technique. Might have to give that a go sometime! Thank you for the inspiration.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

Trina P. said...

Your purple print making snowflake background Is so pretty, Linda. Wonderful off-the-edge design... it helps to keep the card CAS. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Cat Craig said...

That is su ch a cool technique. Beautiful card.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgous snowflake, Linda...you did an amazing job with this technique! I love your non-traditional color palette, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

nancy littrell said...

Love your artsy off the edge print making snowflakes, non-traditional colors and die cut snowflake. So pleased you joined us, Linda at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Beautiful, artistic card Linda! I LOVE the off-the-edge of your background prints. They add so much dimension to the card as well. Such a wonderful technique and perfectly done by you! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

ionabunny said...

Very pretty and a fun technique. Hugz

Rosemary said...

oh that snowflake is just gorgeous, linda! beautiful card!

Helen said...

You have created a wonderful watercoloured background and snowflake, Linda! I love the washed look where the colour seems to flow off the card front. Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care! :)

Bonnie said...

Two of my favorite techniques, Linda! I love the print making technique and the beautiful background that sits off the edge and that die cut snowflake is gorgeous! Love the colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

Betty said...

love love this card, Linda - and keep meaning to try that technique and keep forgetting about it - thanks for the inspiration!

Tristan said...

Love that subtle background behind your purple snowflake. You've made a beautoful card. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Greta said...

I should try it again with a die like you used here. This is beautiful!

Jean said...

Absolutely gorgeous - captures the winter season wonderfully!