Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Night before Christmas Take Two

Hey everyone - I'm popping back with another Twas the Night before Christmas card for the current Christmas Kickstart challenge and thought I'd redeem myself at Let's Squash It!! too. 


Supplies: Paper - American Crafts A2 Christmas card;
Graphic 45 Twas the Night before Christmas;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Snowflakes (retired)
Stamps - My Favorite Things Tweet Holidays (retired)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle
Other - Copic Markers; Wink of Stella; Stickles

I was combing the stash for a brown paper needed for a different challenge. Ran across my 8x8 Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas pad. On my previous Kickstart card for this challenge, I used the 6x6 pad which has fewer patterns. The 8x8 pad has a lovely vintage Santa image which I fussy cut and put atop a die cut & embossed snowflake panel. Paper with part of the poem A Visit from St Nicholas by Clement Clarke Moore graces the bottom of the panel. Adhered it all to a striped A2 card. Decided to leave off a sentiment so as not to detract from the poem lines. Then I realized I needed something stamped besides something embossed for Let's Squash It!! Added a sprig of stamped holly from Lin (Sending Hugs). Thanks again, Lin! I colored the holly with Copics and fussy cut. Can you see it blending in with the printed holly on the lower right edge of the scroll?? Applied some Wink of Stella & Crystal Stickles to select part of the image - done!

Why the redemption at Let's Squash It!!? On my first entry, I didn't read carefully enough and, while I made a Christmas card, I didn't use a Christmas embossing folder - oops! So I thought I'd enter with the proper elements included this time!! Will also add to Watercooler Wednesday All Occasions (third and final) & Merry Little Christmas Anything Goes Christmas (fifth & final).

LOL - just realized the pink/brown challenge has ended. No need to find my brown paper - oh well...  Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!

 


 




17 comments:

Betty said...

perfect for all those challenges, Linda - love that vintage Santa!

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous card, Linda! I love it. Don't beat yourself up about the embossing folder situation, hun. Jo x

Michelle W said...

So beautiful Linda! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Lin said...

Oh, I like this, Linda! I used to help myself to Graphic 45 papers when Archivers was in existence, but I had kind of forgotten about them since. This makes a sweet card for the holidays!

Rosemary said...

wow! what an absolutely gorgeous card, linda! love everything about it!

Dawn T said...

what a stunner Linda. Graphic 45 have such amazing papers. And happy to have you join us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

papierelle said...

Your card is very beautiful and so nostalgic!! Love it!!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, I love it!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful nostalgic card Linda.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Stunning classical Christmas card :o) Thanks for joining us at MLCCB
Tina dt

Created by Kath said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

stampingandstitching said...

Oh what a fab Christmas card, Linda. The Santa image is gorgeous and I love all the special touches and texture.

Trina P. said...

This is beautiful. The “Christmas” EF is throwing me off, too, for their challenge.

ionabunny said...

Ho Ho HO. Lovely vintage santa and beautiful snowflakes. Love the candy stripes behind too. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Jean said...

The layers! The texture! Wonderful Christmas card.

Greta said...

Love the vintage Santa & how you put everything together! Gorgeous card!

Liz McGuire, said...

Thanks for joining in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Liz(guest elf) xx