Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, November 2, 2020

Festive Florals in a Stocking!

OK - I'm back quicker than I expected with a stocking bouquet! If you spotted my second post on Sunday, I made a slimline using foliage images from Hero Arts Stocking Bouquet set. I said be back later in the week with more of the images in a stocking. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio turquoise A2 card; Hero Arts (pale blue);
BoBunny Altitude 6x6
Stamps: Hero Arts CM465 Stocking Bouquet
Copic Markers, foam tape

I hadn't yet colored up the stocking and I just reached for various reds and greens in my Copic stash. Then I went on the hunt for patterned papers to use with it. Note to self - have papers ready and color to match, not vice versa! Took me a while but - success - I found a fun paper from an old (12/2015) Simon Says Stamp kit (gift paper).  Used that for the background & paired it with a BoBunny beige text paper cut into an oval. A scrap of the pale blue I use on my previous Christmas card worked as an oval mat layer. I built up the oval with some extra scraps of white and did the same for the stocking, popping up just the upper portion of the colored stocking with foam tape. I sandwiched most of the foliage between those layers for some dimension.

I'm linking this up to Christmas Kickstart Festive Floral Challenge. Also adding to Karen's All Occasion Challenge at Watercooler Wednesday, hence the reason for a second post today. This is my third of three entries allowed and the challenge ends today. If you're looking for my October Card Chain Challenge reveal post, go here.

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful day!!





9 comments:

Betty said...

how great you found such perfect paper to go with your cute stocking bouquet!

Jean said...

Love that paper - it's perfect. Everything about this card is perfect!

Dawn T said...

So cute Linda. Love the beautiful papers you used as well. Yes, it is easier to match the colouring to the papers rather then the other way around.

Dotty Jo said...

Completely adorable card, Linda! What a beautiful design and I love that stocking. Thanks for joining Arlene and me at Christmas Kickstart for a second time, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Darling card Linda, love the design and the colors.

A.Rose said...

Very pretty card!

papierelle said...

Beautiful design and color choice!! Pretty christmas card!!!

Michelle W said...

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful cards with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Greta said...

Beautiful card Linda! I have that paper & love how you used it here!