Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, November 27, 2020

Ornament Card

Hey crafty friends - hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday if you were celebrating!! Our premade meal from the grocery tasted great and we have loads of leftovers!! On Wednesday I spotted the new Sisterhood of Crafters challenge to do a shaped project. I started it then, couldn't work on it yesterday, and finally finished it this morning. Just finally getting a chance to blog it after doing some Christmas decorating this afternoon.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Holiday;
Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Tags (retired),
Dies - Hero Arts Ornament Infinity Dies,
Other - Versamark ink; Ranger Princess Gold ep; 
Basic Grey Obscure ribbon (retired)
 

I started out thinking circle shaped and went into my stash of Hero Arts Infinity Dies. Spotted the Ornaments Infinity Dies set which I've never used. Decided an ornament shaped card would be fun!! I stamped and gold embossed a dark red panel with the rose background, then die cut the largest ornament from the panel. Next I cut a second dark red ornament for the back and two gold hangers. I scored at the bottom of the topper, glued the pieces together, and adhered the hangers. Wasn't sure where to go with the rest of it so left it over Thanksgiving. This morning I knew I wanted to add a sentiment band and a poinsettia. 

Here's how I did the sentiment band: Die cut a full ornament from white. Used an oval die to cut off top and bottom leaving the band. Put the negative in the MISTI along with the top and bottom. Figured out where to place the sentiment (MISTI makes it easy to curve the clear stamp) and popped the band in place to stamp, then gold embossed. Easy peasy!! Here's a photo of the set up MISTI:


For the inside, I die cut the next smaller ornament from white, popped it back into the negative for stamping the sentiment, then adhered inside. Added a die cut bow. Here's a photo of the inside:


The sentiment inside is from a Sunny Studio set - Inside Greetings Holiday Stamps. Got it when released this year and absolutely love it!!

This is my first of three possible entries at the Sisterhood. My card will also go to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since my ornament die set got its first play (only 3 years after release, not bad...). And to Merry Little Christmas Anything Goes Christmas (fourth entry of five allowed). Finally to Watercooler Wednesday's All Occasion Challenge (second entry of three allowed).

Thanks to all for the fun challenges and I'm so glad you stopped by!!

 

 

 




16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous ornament shaped card! The gold embossing is beautiful on the dark wine background. Love that poinsettia die cut flower. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Thank you so much Linda for entering your gorgeous project into our "Shaped Projects (other than a rectangle)" challenge atThe sisterhood of crafters this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Cheers, aNNie DT Member
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Dawn T said...

this is just gorgeous Linda. Love the gorgeous colour with the gold embossing. And am happy to see you have shared this with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous shaped card Linda.

Betty said...

love it - the gold embossing on the dark red is so pretty!!

Vickie Y said...

I love the ornament shaped card! Beautifully designed

Jean said...

Stunning! Wonderful color choices.

Leslie Miller said...

What a wonderful idea for a shaped card! You dolled up the ornament so beautifully!

Vicky Hayes said...

You say easy peasy but it looks pretty clever to me! Love the embossed decoration on your ornament and the way you've curved your sentiment. And I love the smaller white ornament inside to write the greeting on! Vicky x

Tristan said...

Love this card Linda and how it could also double as an ornamnet on the tree! Great colour scheme and that pop of pink for the ponsettia is perfect. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Linda, I just love this gorgeous ornament card!! The colors and details are perfectly done. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you come back soon.

Helen said...

A lovely ornament tag, Linda! The gold embossing on the the red is so eye-catching and very elegant! Love the little message inside! Thanks so much for joining in at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care! :)

Darlene said...

So beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous shaped card both inside and outside, Linda! The lucky recipient could hang it on their tree as a pretty decoration. Thanks for the great tips:)

Greta said...

This is just gorgeous! Really love the poinsettia on the ornament!