Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Night before Christmas!

Hey friends - I'm popping in with a quick card for Christmas Kickstart - theme: Twas the Night Before Christmas! It also works for Watercooler Wednesday where Heidi's challenge theme is All Occasions.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio; Bazzill A2 card;
Authentique A Magical Christmas;
Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas;
BoBunny Enchanted Garden (rock pattern)
Dies - My Favorite Things Fireplace (retired)
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle
My Favorite Things Tweet Holidays (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; pencils; White gel pen;
Versamark ink; Ranger Seafoam white ep

If you can read the paper on the left edge, it's the poem A Visit From St Nicholas by Clement Clarke Moore! I used the line "the stockings were hung by the chimney with care" as my inspiration - not very original, eh? Haven't used the MFT fireplace die in over 3 years so thought I'd pull it out. 

The Hero Arts sentiment was white embossed and looked a bit bare so I added a few white dots (also handy for disguising errant specks of ep). Then I colored a couple holly sprigs I received from my friend Lin (Sending Hugs). I had spotted this card of hers and wondered if she might like some Winter Songbirds to go with her cardinals. She replied that she couldn't resist the songbird set either and had just ordered it. But she would like a few wreaths which I mailed off. She sent me some stamp-offs of the cardinals, plus other MFT birdies & images that went with them, including the holly. Don't worry, Lin, I already have a card in the works with the birdies! Thanks so much!!

Thanks to Jo and her elf Liz for a fun challenge and thanks to you for visiting!! Hope my US friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow - we're getting a catered meal from a local grocery, just our household. The other usual attendees are staying within their own households too - playing it safe with the virus still rampant here. Take care & stay safe!!

 




12 comments:

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Linda! I love this scene! It's got so many wonderful details and I really like the poem on the pattern paper - what a great idea to use it vertically where it then also becomes a stripe! Awesome! This is the perfect Christmas card! Take care and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

Dotty Jo said...

Another lovely card, Linda! What a cosy little Christmas Eve scene you've created. Thanks for joining Liz and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Rosemary said...

Wonderful card, Linda! Your fireplace scene is just perfect! When my boys were little I would read that poem to them every night starting December 1st! I still know parts of it by heart!

Arlene said...

Marvelous card. I love the colors and selection of papers you used.

Dawn T said...

Oh my Linda. What a gorgeous card. So sweet.

CinnamonSally said...

What a cute scene you have created Linda. Stay safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderfully warm and festive scene Linda.

Betty said...

wonderful scene, Dawn!

Jean said...

A fantastic combination of colors, patterns, and textures.

Helen said...

You have created such a wonderful scene, Linda! I love the backgrounds you've used and all the super little details! I fell like I could curl up in front of the fire and watch the flames while wrapping the presents. I do love sitting in front of a fire. (just not now when the temps are in the 30's C) A perfect Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining in at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care! :)

stampingandstitching said...

Such a gorgeous, cosy Christmas card, Linda. Love the beautiful and inviting fire scene you have created and the perfect pp to match with it.

Greta said...

We stayed isolated, too--not worth the risk to be with anyone. Love the fireplace with stockings & the papers!