Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Festive Florals Slimline

Yikes - second post of the day! Well, I didn't plan very well but wanted to get an entry in for some challenges, specifically merging Christmas Kickstart's Festive Florals theme with Hero Arts Stay Crafty with Hero to do a slimline holiday card.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Holiday &
Hero Arts blue (retired);
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb
Stamps - Hero Arts CM465 Stocking Bouquet
and CL620 Jolly (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts DI798 Stocking Bouquet Frame Cuts;
Kat Scrappiness Zig Zag Nesting Slimline
Other - Hero Arts Crystal Clear Lacquer;
Copic Markers; foam tape; Ranger Princess Gold ep;
Hero Arts Soft Sky ink; Versamark ink

I recently purchased the Hero Arts new stocking bouquet set and spent Thursday night stamping and die cutting a pile of all the elements. My thought was to do a bouquet in a stocking but it didn't work well with the slimline size. I decided to create floral swags instead, using another jumbo sentiment from the JOLLY set I used on a previous card. I'm sure I'll get to the JOLLY at some point - LOL!

I colored the elements with Copic markers and added lacquer to the candy canes. I die cut a zig zag panel and stamped PEACE in Soft Sky ink - it didn't show up very well so that became a shadow for the PEACE I stamped in Versamark, gold embossed and fussy cut. I popped the letters over the stamped peace using foam tape. Arranged my floral elements - done! I still have plenty left over to create a stocking bouquet later in the week.

I also add this to Watercooler Wednesday for All Occasions and to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since my Stocking Bouquet set is getting its first play here.

Thanks for stopping and hope you're having as crafty a day as I am!! PS - The Die Cut Divas have a new challenge up for November Thanks or Thanksgiving. Please check it out & I hope to see you in the gallery this month!! I'll have my feature on the 21st and inspiration on the 30th. Finally, tomorrow will be the October Card Chain Challenge reveal so stop back and check that out, if desired.









14 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the flower swags so pretty!!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Linda! What a pretty slimline card! I really like the play between the dainty floral images and the bold lettered wording! It's the perfect contrast! The pinking shear edging along the die panel with awesome! Nice job on this card!
Rachelle : )

Betty said...

love those florals and how you used them on your slimline - might have to see about getting those stamps.

Greta said...

Beautiful floral slimline for Christmas, Linda!

A.Rose said...

Sweet card!

Cat Craig said...

A slimline is such a perfect base for a bold sentiment.

Tristan said...

Gorgeous slim line card Linda.Love the pale blue and red and those beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.Tristan DT.

Cindy C. said...

This is so gorgeous! Great design using the smaller floral images with larger font sentiment!!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, this is stunning and so sweet! What a beautiful Christmas card, Linda. The die cut sentiment makes a great focal point for a slimline. Love it!

Jean said...

Gorgeous combination of colors and elements.

Dotty Jo said...

Love your flower swags, Linda! You card is gorgeous and I love that gold sentiment. Thanks for joining Arlene and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Darnell said...

You've composed a really gorgeous slimline Christmas design, Linda! I love the way you bookmarked your beautiful floral swags on either side of the golden Peace sediment! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe and crafty! Hugs, Darnell

Zoechaos said...

What a lovely card, the PEACE stand out and is a wonderful sentiment. The floral swags a brilliant altogether beautiful. X

TK said...

Beautiful slimline, and your elements fit perfectly!