Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, November 16, 2020

Jolly lights

Finally, a gorgeous fall day in MN! Still a bit windy, plus a few snowflakes this morning but nice & sunny now. Here's my coloring for today:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Jolly (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Christmas Lights Border;
Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes
Other - Copic Markers; Distress Ink & ep;
Hero Arts clear lacquer; Michael's gem

Day 6 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) current Coloring Challenge and I chose to color a holiday die cut I recently got from Hero Arts. I used Copic Markers (see photo below of the colors) - 4 lights each of 7 color families, plus a bit of grey & a green frame and wires. The biggest pain was cutting this detailed image; even using a metal shim I needed 6 passes to cut the 110 lb cardstock! Color the light frame and added to an A2 card (sort of a minty color) which I had stamped & embossed the word JOLLY (see - I said I'd be back to finally use the third word in that stamp set!). Next I applied lacquer to each light bulb and a die cut snowflake with gem to the O. Done!!


I'm also adding this to Virginia's November Show & Share (third entry) and to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since my die is getting first play today. Thanks to Kathy, Virginia & Darnell for hosting!!

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy your day!!

 








7 comments:

Cindy C. said...

The lights are so festive!! A delightful card!

Trina P. said...

Fun and colourful card. Good thing you were able to die cut the lights eventually.

Rosemary said...

your strings of colorful lights are so fun, linda!

Cat Craig said...

I've always loved Christmas lights, so magical.

Jean said...

Jolly indeed - great combination of the lights with the big letters.

Virginia L. said...

This card is JOLLY good! Love the happy colors, Linda!

Greta said...

What a fun die & great coloring!