Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Non-traditional Christmas Colors

Hi crafty friends! I'm here with a card for the current CAS Christmas Card Challenge to use non-traditional colors (i.e. no red or green). Trina (Phamtastic Design) is the host and she made a darling card with loads of blue. The other team members shared some gorgeous inspiration cards too! Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts plum (retired);
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Moonlit Night &
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired)
Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up Subtle 3D
Inks - Memento Lulu Lavender; 
Hero Arts purple from a MMH kit;
Dusty Concord & Spun Sugar Distress Inks

After waiting for a restock, I finally received my moonlit night stamp set and decided it would look great with a Santa sleigh going across it. The October My Monthly Hero kit has a cute one and I used a sentiment from the kit too. I blended some Spun Sugar around the edges of the clouds, stamped the sentiment, diecut and matted the panel, adhered to A2 card - done! The card was dry embossed with my fairly new Subtle ef which I love. Very easy card for mass production!!

I'll also add this to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since my MMH kit and moonlit night stamps are getting their first play. And to Merry Little Christmas where the challenge is Anything Goes Christmas. Thanks all for fun challenges!!

I'm so impressed with myself - I have well over 80 Christmas cards ready to start addressing. While I didn't finish the inside at the same time as the outside on all cards (my New Year's resolution), I did much better than usual!

Thanks for visiting & happy crafting!!








13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! What a super card. Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Cool use of the silhouette!

Lin said...

What a unique design, Linda, as are the colors - love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Well how could I leave without leaving some love for this amazing card?? Oh, oh, OH do I love this purple night sky!
=]

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful moon lit night stamp this is - and what a wonderful card design you created to make it Christmas! Wonderful colors of purple with Santa flying across in his sleigh! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas Linda! xx

Trina P. said...

Wow, I’ve never seen that layering moonlight stamp before. I saw it as a Halloween moon, but you made it work beautifully for a Santa Christmas scene card. The pink and purple non-traditional colours are perfect for the challenge. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Jean said...

Absolutely wonderful - magical!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Linda. A really cool card.

Betty said...

wonderful card, Linda!

Cathy said...

Wonderful card, love the moonlight scene and the santa sleigh is perfect for it, thenkyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

wow Beautiful moon lit night in purple and a great way to stretch your stamps. Love the card :)

Greta said...

Such a fun card & absolutely perfect with the non-traditional Christmas colors!

Rachelle Oltean said...

What a great CAS design and you have colored it perfectly with this non-traditional holiday palette! Thanks so much for joining us at The Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!
Rachelle : ) DT