Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Embossing Folder Fun

Hi everyone - Wednesday already! I'm all confused due to the holiday; we had chorus last night when it's normally on Monday & garbage pickup was a day late too! But I managed to make a card yesterday before chorus - this one's for Christmas Kickstart #90 where Jo and elf Jenny are having fun with embossing folders.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card;
You Stamp on It vellum; Hero Arts glitter;
Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain;
many scraps
Embossing Folder - Sizzix Christmas Tree Pattern
Dies - Spellbinders Dancin' Moose Klondike
Hot Foil Plate w/die - Pinkfresh Studio FaLaLaLa
Other - Creatology Wiggle Eyes; foam tape

I thought I'd emboss another piece of translucent vellum for the Group of Seven Cardmakers embossing technique. I've used this Sizzix tree folder before (see HERE for a couple) but not in a while. After embossing, I rubbed a key lime ink pad over it then adhered to a green A2 card. Added a piece of torn glitter paper for the ground and a moose. I just got the moose die set in the mail yesterday and got busy right away. Thanks to Lin who enabled me with this darling card

I die cut the moose pieces all from scraps, then assembled & added googly eyes. You can make him so the legs swing but I left mine stationary. Here's a photo of my snippets:


I couldn't find the snippet used for the gold star; I'd cut an outline for a sentiment and another sentiment partially cut. Saved it and managed to fit a star - I'm so frugal... I'm adding my card to Snippets Playground #488 with all these snippets. I'll also share at Darnell's September NBUS Challenge #66 since Mr. Moose is new. So is the hot foil plate which PFS sent me recently as a gift with purchase. I letterpressed it with Leaf ink & die cut with the coordinating die.

Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!

  


14 comments:

Viv said...

He's such a cute deer with his brightly coloured sweater Linda! Great card. x

Lin said...

So fun with his googly eyes, Linda, I love it! Thanks for the shout-out!

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable! You background created with the embossing folder is perfection!

Dawn T said...

How adorable Linda. What a gorgeous card.

Sarn said...

A lot of work went into die cutting the moose, but it was worth it - he's GREAT.
Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

Di said...

Great card Linda - I do love love the sweet moose! Nice work!

Hugs
Di xx

Rosemary said...

Oh what a fun card, Linda! The moose looks fabulous decked out in his Christmas sweater.

Lisa Elton said...

This little dude always makes me smile, he's oodles of fun and your card is cute!

Anonymous said...

That moose is so funny and cute. Great card.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Adorable card! I love the embossed background!

ionabunny said...

Oh my, that moose is adorable. Love this. Glad I'm not the only one who keeps all the snippets LOL. Hugz

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is so darn cute, Linda!! :) I love your vellum embossed trees with added green ink. Great background for your adorable moose! He is so fun! Thanks again for joining us at Group of Seven. xx

Greta said...

So festive and cute!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, isn't he just the cutest! Love your card, Linda, all the different elements just sit together so perfectly. Gorgeous work, as always. Thanks for playing along with Jenny and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x