Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 15, 2024

A French Bulletin Board Card for Craft Roulette #232

Happy Sunday - hope you're having a great weekend! If you're like me, there's a conflict this time of year between viewing baseball or football. Baseball always wins - LOL. Had a family emergency so I was unexpectedly at the satellite studio with limited supplies. But I managed to make a card this afternoon for Craft Roulette #232 which I watched on replay.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove A2 card
Stamps - Hero Arts Happy Today (c2013) &
Perfect Day (c2012) both retired
Dies - Spellbinders Sentiments One (retired)
Other - Offray ribbon, Bead Landing 4mm pearl beads;
Artist's Loft markers; foam tape

Host Mary Gunn FUNN had the delightful Catherine Pooler (her online store; her YouTube) as her guest, along with Erica, Catherine's Director of Product Development. I don't have any CP products but my local store has some; will definitely check them out more closely now that I "met" Catherine! She mentioned a collaboration with Sizzix - products designed by her but under their brand (also available on her site).

Here's what the wheel spun:


  • Project - French Bulletin Board: Wasn't sure what that was. Googled & found a YouTube tutorial on making wall decor. Oh, yeah - I've seen those - a board with crossed ribbons to hold photos, etc. Decided I could recreate that with craft ribbon and cardstock.
  • Colors - Winter Dessert(s): I usually just make cookies for the holidays but found some gorgeous Christmas desserts at Country Living. #38 Retro Christmas Cake inspired my colors. White from the cake with green, red, blue and yellow from the light bulbs.
  • Element - Balloons: I stamped, colored and fussy cut three balloons from a couple old Hero Arts sets. I had taken all my markers, pencils etc back home so I popped over to Michael's craft store and bought a few markers on discount (buy 3/get 2 free!!). Not as smooth as Copics but I made them work...
  • Random - Beads: I had some beads on hand but thought they were too small & not quite the right colors. Picked up some white pearl beads at Michael's.
In the bulletin board tutorial, the instructor was working with canvas covered by batting and material, then the ribbons. She was able to pin into fabric when arranging the ribbons. I laid my paper on a quilted placemat and was able to pin into it. Here's a process photo of that step.


Then I used scotch tape to hold the ribbon, flipped the panel over & taped the ribbon down thoughly, then trimmed the excess. Next I found a sharp needle and sewed the beads to the ribbon centers. I eyeballed rather than measuring but I think it turned out, not perfect, but pretty good! Adhered to an A2 card.

Tucked my fussy cut balloons among the ribbon openings with foam tape under the balloon part. Die cut & gave an outline to a Spellbinders sentiment; added to the card with foam tape. Done!

My card also works at Creative Crafters #80 where Anything Goes. My Diva teamie Arlene (A Bit of This and That) is on the DT so I thought it was about time I played. And I also play at the September Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge - Anything Goes There too!

Thanks for stopping and I hope you have a crafty week!!




6 comments:

Arlene said...

WOW, you really put the work into this one. Love it I cheated with a quilted die cut. :) .

Jean said...

What a fun use of ribbon! I fondly remember those style bulletin boards, which I always wanted but never had.

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Linda. Great use of the ribbon to make your board... Like Arlene, I used a die cut!

Lisa Elton said...

I knew this had something to do with a bulletin board the moment I saw it! Great job, Linda, this is fun!

HilaryJane said...

What a clever card, love your bulletin board effect and the little pops of colour. I might have to go and watch that episode. Thanks for your visit to me and get well wishes. I am feeling much brighter today xx

Rosemary said...

What a lovely card, Linda! Love the colors you used. I remember making a french bulletin board when I was part of a mom's group when my boys were little.