Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Fun Fold for Autumn

Hi all - welcome! Many challenges have autumn themes right now - thought I'd play along with a few! I was trying to decide on a design when I spotted my friend Dawn's beautiful flying finch fun fold card. It looked like fun so I googled the fold and found Susan Campfield's video tutorial. Here's my take:


Supplies: Paper - Poptone Berrylicious;
Paper Studio woodgrain; many scraps
Stamps - Hero Arts Hello Autumn (retired but found HERE)
3D Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Mushroom Harvest 

Susan's instructions were clear & simple so I was able to assemble the card base quickly. Next I found a lace pattern among my scraps for the narrowest panels of the "wings". I thought the mushroom embossing folder would give a nice base texture on the other panels. Perfect for a leafy arrangement. Die cut an oval base & stamped the sentiment on it. Added it to the card front with foam tape. Next I die cut leaves from five different colors in the scrap bin. Arranged the leaves on & under the oval - done! Here's a flat view; it folds to fit an A2 envelope:


Here's a view from the top so you can see the "wings":


I'm sending my autumn card to these Challenges:

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!





12 comments:

Rosemary said...

What a fabulous card, Linda! That fun fold is definitely fun. :)

brenda said...

A very effective shape for a pretty Autumnal card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Dawn T said...

Looks amazing Linda. I agree that Susan's video/tutorial was easy to follow. Your card is fantastic in the autumn colours and with those fabulous leaves.

dj said...

Fantastic fancy fold card!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Autumn Hues" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Deb Horst, DT #SSC343

Lin said...

Lovely! Makes a nice presentation!

Ellibelle said...

Such a nice card fold and pretty autumn colors, thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Linby said...

It's a wonderful fold and your use of the base colour really makes the leaves pop. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts.

Jean said...

A wonderful and impactful fall card! Great job on combining the inspiration of those challenges.

Greta said...

You really nailed it with this beauty, Linda! The blue background for the autumn colors is something I want to remember to do!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! I love this pretty Fall Fun Fold! The color combo is perfect for this beautiful, creative card. So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Great job with the fun fold, Linda! Wonderful fall card!

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun fold! I love all the texture on your card - perfect! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.