Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 7, 2024

A Couple of Cards

Happy Saturday! I'm popping in with a couple of cards - first up, card two for the September Christmas Kickstart Challenge #90 to use an embossing folder:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio navy A2 card; many scraps;
Spellbinders Betterpress Pebble
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Hexi Snowflake (EOM-Jul24)
Dies - Spellbinders Christmas Wreath Add-Ons;
Marianne Designs Aline's Alpaca (retired);
Elizabeth Craft Designs Jack Frost (retired)
Press Plate w/Die - Spellbinders Seasons Greetings Evergreens
Other - Spellbinders Betterpress Thunder ink; white gel pen

Yesterday while I was "processing" the wreath bundle I bought from Spellbinder last year, I decided to get a Christmas card done using the Christmas Wreath Add-On set. It's getting first play on today's card! I decided not to use the wreath set from yesterday. Instead, I die cut all the snowman pieces from scraps, then assembled. The snowman is just a head but there's an ornament die in the set that I thought would be perfect for the body. I see great minds think alike because there's a card on the product page where they did the same thing! I used the pom-pons from the alpaca die set as coal buttons for Mr. Snowman, and added some stick arms from a retired ECD set. Again, great minds - on the product page, the designer had added some arms too. Looks like they used the twigs from the wreath set I used on yesterday's card! A letterpressed sentiment finished the card. I'll add this card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge #66 since the snowman add-on is new. And I'm joining at Merry Little Christmas #58 where anything Christmas goes!

Next up, the card I made with last night's Craft Roulette Episode #231 parameters. Hard to believe it's my 22nd week already - I guess I'm enjoying the show & challenges! This was definitely one I had to finish after the show - so many details!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White;
Paper Studio cardstock; scraps
Stamps with dies - Scrappy Tails Flower Shop (dies HERE)
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

Host Mary Gunn FUNN had Nicki Baxley (‪@NickiHeartsCards‬) as her guest. I wasn't familiar with her but what a sweet person! She does videos for several companies, plus on her YouTube (linked above). Here's what the wheel spun for us:


  • Project - Outside/Inside: I made a shoppe pop-up card with someone coming out from inside.
  • Colors - Tulips: I used green from stems & white/purple/pink/yellow/orange from the blossoms. Go HERE to see tulip color meanings.
  • Element - Festival: We have a lot of Fall Festivals around here. I put a sign in front of the shop to show one was located there. Had to shorten the word to Fair to fit but I think I'll be ok. :)
  • Random - Check(s): I used plaid patterned paper which could mean checks but in case that didn't work, I put checks (meaning checkerboard) on my flower pot on right.
Lots of die cutting to this one! Cut all the pieces and assembled. I had some extra stamp-offs from Arlene (A Bit of This and That) from when the Divas has Scrappy Tails as our sponsor. Perfect for a flower shop. Colored them with Copics and added to the card. Here's a popped up view. I used the window blind for the stopper, stacked four high. 


That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the weekend!!






10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Two great cards today. Love your snowmans smile. I don't think it could be any bigger. Your flower shop is very classy. I love the easel effect too xx

Jean said...

These are wonderful! I didn't even recognize that snowman until I read your description. You've inspired me to use him again.

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific cards, Linda! That little snowman is a cutie!

Trina P. said...

Awesome cards. Adorable snowman… and brilliant interpretation of the outside/inside project parameter. 👏

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Beautiful cards. I love how you created your cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Little Christmas.
Annie (DT)

Arlene said...

Love the cute snowman. Fantastic take on Craft Roulette. Great idea for using the window blind as the stopper. Love this card too!

ionabunny said...

Love that hexi snowflake ef. A beautiful shade of blue and great contrast with the cute snowman. Hugz

Rosemary said...

Love that sweet little snowman on the first card, Linda! The detailing on the second card is absolutely amazing.

Greta said...

Very creative for the snowman and darling card! Your second one is wonderful!

Dotty Jo said...

Ooooooo, that blue embossed background is gorgeous. Love the snowy too - beautiful. And I love your shop card too. What a stunning twofer, as Darnell would say. Thanks for joining Jenny and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x