Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Embossed Vellum Twofer!

Happy Tuesday everyone - I'm here with a pair of cards I started Sunday & finished last night. First up, a silver one that got me going at 3am (or as cardmaking friend Cat likes to call them - vampire hours):


Supplies: Paper - Recollections A2 card;
Stamp On It vellum; Neenah white; 
Spellbinders Betterpress Pepple
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Sparkling Snow 3D
Dies - Birch Press Design Adornment Snowflake
 (deep discount at BPD!)
Press Plate w/Die - Spellbinders Merry and Bright Sentiment Strips
Other - foam tape; Betterpress Thunder ink

The Go7 (Group of Seven Cardmakers) is doing embossing on vellum as this month's technique. I love this technique but haven't done it in quite a while - time to get busy, I thought (and why not at 3am?!). Oh, and you can see one of my "masterpieces" from 2011 with heat embossing on vellum HERE, if desired.

I dry embossed a couple panels of 65# translucent clear vellum using a new-to-me Simon Hurley 3D snowflake embossing folder - so pretty! I adhered one to a pale silver A2 card with glue in the center where I knew I was putting a snowflake diecut, plus dotting some snowflake centers - really disguised by the pattern, I think.

Next I diecut the snowflake from white Neenah & the outline from 45# irridescent silver vellum. Adhered together and added to the card with foam tape. Then I pressed a 5x7" panel of Pebble Betterpress paper using various holiday sentiment pressplates - here's a photo of them on the chase; I used new Thunder ink first:



Die cut them with their coordinating dies & popped a strip sentiment onto the snowflake. Done! Then I did the same process with golds. This time I die cut the snowflake from white glitter paper. Here's that card:



I pressed the sentiments on Betterpress Porcelain paper using Tuscan ink - here's a photo of all the sentiments still on the platen after pressing: 



Besides the sentiment strips plate, I did the sentiments from 
3 other Spellbinders Betterpress plate sets:

The Joy to the World doesn't have a coordinating die but I have found different labels that work really well with it. I love how the strip sentiments have a single die that cuts them all - such a time saver! I cut those first since the top sentiment was a bit too close to pop the die on with the strip one.

Would love to hear which one you prefer. I was in love with the silver until I did the gold one - LOL. Will probably change my mind back and forth... Great card for mass production - I might make some jewel colored ones; the irridescent vellum pack has many gorgeous colors! On that - I have been hoarding the vellum for years so was glad to make time to use it here. I checked & linked to it - the company where I got the vellum is still in business; they just didn't come to any expos in Minnesota this year (that's where I first met them).

First time using the layered snowflake as well as the embossing folder, so I'll add my card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge #66. I'll also link up to Merry Little Christmas Challenge #58 where it's Anything Goes Christmas.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!!




7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

That's a tough pick, Linda since they're both fantastic! But I think the gold is my favorite!

Jean said...

Both look fantastic - I like seeing the variety!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous use of your vellum Linda. It looks amazing embossed. And love both your silver and gold sentiments

Rosemary said...

What a gorgeous set of cards, Linda! I think the silver one is my favorite.

Loll said...

Gorgeous vellum snowflake cards Linda. I LOVE both version. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

Greta said...

They're both gorgeous--can't choose a favorite!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful Velum snowflake, thanks for trying the technique with us at GOS ♥