Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Thinking of You & Birthday Cards

Hi everyone - still working with limited supplies but I needed a get well card for my sister & a birthday card for a card drive. First, the card for Kari:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio A2 card
Stamps - Hero Arts Wish You Were Here (c2011) &
Sending Happy Thoughts (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

I was at JoAnn Crafts the other day to pick up a few Copics; discovered they were on deep discount ($2.97!!). So I went back today and picked up a few more for the satellite studio. Stamped the chair, table & lamp, then colored as necessary. Stamped the sentiment and adhered the panel to an A2 card. Decided there was too much open space towards the top so I added the dotted panel. A heart gem covered up an ink blob. Hopefully the bunny will remind her of a childhood stuffed animal & bring some comfort.

I'm sending this card to the September We Love Stamping Challenge to hand color an image; in this case - chair, bunny & lamp.

Over at Craft Roulette Mary Gunn FUNN is hosting a birthday card drive for a little girl Addi turning four. Addi lost her 2 yr old brother to a drunk driver recently so we want to shower her with cards for her 4th bday. She loves Barbies and mermaids so I tried to replicate a Barbie doll. I picked up a sticker sheet at JoAnn's for the sentiment and cupcakes.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove;
American Crafts & Core'dinations patterns
Stamps w/dies - Hero Arts Dress Up Stamp & Cut
Other - Copic and Artist's Loft Markers;
K & Company Sweetie Birthday stickers

I stamped the girl's head, then the face detail and legs. Colored then fussy cut and added a die cut skirt. Adhered a panel of flowered paper to an A2 card, then the dotted strip. Glue malfunction due to thin paper so I covered as much up as I could with the sentiment & cupcake stickers. Also gave Miss Barbie a cupcake sticker to hold. Had to laugh - went to mail it and the postal clerk shook her head - needs extra postage says she, even though it was under 1 ounce. Whatever....

This card has a hand colored image but not much coloring needed so I opted to add card one to WLS.

That's all for today. Hope all is well with you & thanks for stopping by!


No comments: