Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 2, 2024

August 2024 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Hello and welcome! It's time to reveal the cards that went around the world for the August Card Chain. Twenty-four people participated and my card went to Arlene (A Bit of This and That) in California. You can see the entire chain revealed HERE.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove A2 card;
Lawn Fawn Spring Perfectly Plaid; 
Doodlebug Swiss Dot; many scraps
Dies - My Favorite Things Fundamental Florals;
Cheery Lynn Whistle a Happy Tune (retired);
Press Plate with Die - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments

We had all sorts of fun options for August:

Color Palette Option
Sketch Option


Theme Options:  Music / Funny / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Tissue Paper / Rocker Card

As you can see, I picked something from every category! Did the colors, the sketch, theme of music & product of tissue paper. Loads of die cutting and a Betterpressed sentiment from the stash. It may be hard to see in the photo but my dotted heart has a tissue heart mat layer.

Those of you as "organized" as I am will appreciate this - wanted to use my Cheery Lynn treble clef die as soon as I saw the sketch & theme of music. Could I find it? No!! Searched high & low - no luck. Fortunately I had a bunch of clefs already die cut ages ago - many colors, including hot pink - perfect! I stacked 3 for dimension and stability.

Gail (Crafty Nomad) sent me a card from Norway but I think it went to China instead.... No worries - I'll post a photo here once I receive it.

spot for future photo :)

That's it for today. You can sign up for the September chain until the 6th; go HERE for details.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!!

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors, love the treble clef! Fabulous card, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

Boy it seems like all the postal workers stopped working this month - my card has yet to make it to Mia in Greece and I sent it on 8/8! What a great cover-all card you created Linda - getting in all of the categories! Love the plaid and dots on your papers and that lovely swirl of the musical staff! Julia xx

Jean said...

That's an incredible card that so wonderfully deals with the prompts!

Rosemary said...

What a lovely take on the sketch and colors, Linda!

Arlene said...

The card is sitting on my desk getting the afternoon sun. It really is just beautiful. The green quilted background is perfect for the heart and I would never have thought the hot pink, lime green and orange would work out so well together, but the card is fabulous!

Dawn T said...

Such a pretty card Linda. Lucky Arlene!