Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 9, 2024

Stitched Christmas Lights

Hey there - I'm back with my third and final entry at Christmas Kickstart #90 where the theme is embossing. I'm also participating in Darnell's IDEAS program where D is for Dies this week.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Bermuda;
Paper Studio A2 card; many scraps;
Betterpress Porcelain
Embossing Folder - Sizzix 3D Leaf Pattern
Press plate w/die - Spellbinders Merry & Bright Sentiment Strips
Dies - Spellbinders Stitched String Lights
Other - DMC floss 519/602/608/817/973; foam tape;
Spellbinders Betterpress Hydrangea ink

Did I need another stitching die set since I have so many NBUS ones from the Spellbinders Club? No, but oh well - I couldn't resist this light string released in August & getting first play here! I die cut all the elements and stitched the bulbs. When stitching, I always die cut the base layer without the stitching die to glue on the back - helps protect the stitching and gives a nice flat surface for any foam tape.

Next I die cut a stitched rectangle and embossed it. Was unable to find my pines background folder but I thought this Sizzix one did the trick nicely. Adhered the panel to an A2 card & arranged the light string, popping the bulbs with foam tape. A letterpressed sentiment finished the card.

Since my light string is getting first play here, I'll add my card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge #66 and also to Merry Little Christmas #58 where Anything Christmas Goes.

Now for a bonus! I've been inspired by my friend & sister Diva Cindy (Escape to Stamping) who has been killing it with the Spellbinders 12 Days of Stitchmas. I got the Advent Calendar instead (again, too many stitching sets on Mt NBUS) but won't use it until December. Anyway, Cindy has been sharing one card with stitching and one without so I'll do the same (see her day 11 post from today HERE):

Additional supplies: Hero Arts Dove A2 card;
MFT Sour Apple cardstock
Sentiment from Spellbinders Poinsettia Corner press plate;
white gel pen

While I was die cutting my stitching elements, I cut many lightbulbs without the stitching insert - more than I needed for the stitched backs. Now I can make several of these quick cards to increase the stash.

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!





10 comments:

Gail L said...

Wow Linda!
Absolutely fabulous!
Great tip to cut a plain one for the back of the stitched one!

Lisa Elton said...

Those Christmas lights are fun and both card are terrific!

Dawn T said...

Very cleverly done Linda. I love both cards.

Cindy C. said...

Both so delightful!! Stitching is fun, isn't it?

Jean said...

Two delightful takes with the set! I like how you've shown the horizontal and vertical options.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of cards, Linda! Stitching on cards is so much fun, isn't it?

Greta said...

Fun and festive cards--perfect for Christmas!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very colourful and pretty! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart Challenge:)

Dotty Jo said...

Everyone needs another stitching die set! I know I do. Love your card - so colourful and fun, and doesn't that embossed background set it all off so well. Thanks for joining Jenny and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Anonymous said...

WOW, Fantastic cards - you have been busy.