Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

More Christmas Cards!!

Happy Tuesday everyone! Did you have a fun night of trick-or-treating yesterday? We had a little costume party during chorus with treats at the end. I missed seeing all my little neighbor kids in their costumes, darn it!

Since I had a Die Cut Diva post, I saved yesterday's HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive card to share with today's. Yesterday I played with MFT sketch #617 using stamped and die cut images from the BB Holiday Penguins set. I had a bunch left over from my second ever box card - very handy! Love these little guys. This time one of my fave oval shadow die cuts served as a rug for my tree. I made this an A7 card so I'd have room for my falling penguins in the sketch. 

Supplies: Paper - Neenah solar white & blue cut to A7; 
My Favorite Things Colorful Christmas 6x6
Stamps with dies - My Favorite Things BB Holiday Penguins (dies HERE);
Dies - Hero Arts Nesting Oval Infinity Dies;
My Favorite Things Oval Shadows
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Sparkle clear lacquer;
SSS sentiment strip cut into an oval


Colored everything with Copics and added some sparkle clear lacquer - so pretty in person!!  The gift bearing penguin's stomach didn't turn out so great so I covered it with a Joy sentiment :) - good save, eh? Assembled - done!

For today's card I used the Hero Arts North Pole Express train for the first time - isn't it darling? Don't ask me how many train sets I have, be it dies or stamps, but this one came in the October MMH add-on bundle and I was eager to try it! Colored with Copics and this came together quickly!

Supplies: Paper - Lawn Fawn Snow Day Remix; Park Lane A2 card;
Neenah Solar White
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts North Pole Express Bundle 
Other - Copic Markers; white gel pen; foam tape

I'm adding my cards to Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything. My train card will go to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since my train is used for the first time here and my penguins will go the the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow is a Card Chain Challenge reveal so I'll hold tomorrow's card for later in the week. Probably won't be able to post again til Friday due to a busy day on Thursday. It'll be my final storytelling class and we're performing for the rest of the class & anyone we invite. 

Happy crafting!!






8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Two lovely happy Christmas cards. I have no idea how you manage to post as often as you have been recently and you have been out and about doing things. I think I am just really slow at everything. looking forward to the CCC reveal tomorrow xx

Cat Craig said...

You've sure hit the adorable factor here on these two cards, Linda. Love love love.

papierelle said...

I see you never run out of ideas for new Christmas cards. Both cards are very cheerful and colourful!!

Darnell said...

What a couple of fun designs, Linda! You've got Christmas penguins on both and who doesn't love penguins? Both cards are festive and sure to bring smiles! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

Both are festive and fun! Great coloring!

Jeanne H said...

I especially love your train card. Well done!

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love both of your cards! Great take on the MFT sketch too. Thanks for sharing with us over at NBUS. Bonnie GDT

Ceal said...

Your cards are adorable! thanks for staying crafty with us at Hero Arts.