Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Holiday Candles

Happy weekend! Yesterday I was reminded by Hilary (fiddling about) about the November We Love Stamping Challenge. I've not played there before but that challenge clearly revolves around stamping and I love to stamp! This month they're doing Christmas cards so I dove in with a new Hero Arts stamp set. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DoCrafts; Neenah white;
Paper Studio A2 card
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Candle Arrangement
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Sparkle Lacquer; 
PinkFresh Studio Holiday Foiled Sentiments; white gel pen;
Antique Linen Distress Ink

I broke out the candle stamp set the moment it arrived home. Stamped on Neenah paper and colored with Copics, then die cut with a stitched rectangle. Sponged some Antique Linen DI around the top edges. Some spots went a bit yellowish since I think I had some residual ink on the brush - ok, fine! Next I went on the hunt for some patterned paper to put behind my candle panel. I found the perfect plaid in a pack of DoCraft papers I bought - get this - in Ireland! When I went for the second time in 2019, my Irish friend Heather and I went shopping at this darling little gift store that carried some crafty stuff. I've basically hoarded that paper ever since - I'm glad some escaped the package!

Since my candle stamp is new and used for the first time, I'm also sharing at Darnell's November NBUS Challenge.

That's it - no time for bonus card today. I'm helping my aunt move from one apt to another. Luckily young moving guys did the heavy stuff already - LOL. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!




16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

So pretty, and love the pp you used on the background.

HilaryJane said...

This is so lovely, sometimes it is just nice to be traditional. I also love the soft yellow inking on your panel that gives it a nice warm glow, a perfect contrast to the plaid background paper. It is wonderful to see you in the we love stamping gallery too. I hope you will be able to join us regularly xx

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful trio of candles Linda - love the plaid framing them!

Jean said...

The tartan background paper nicely coordinates with the focal candles!

Rosemary said...

Love the plaid peeking out from behind your beautifully colored image, Linda.

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful traditional card!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautifully stamped and coloured image Linda - I love that you let the stamped image take the centre stage, and the darker toned paper behind it really accents it beautifully
thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping - please call again
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

brenda said...

A really delightful candle image, many thanks for joining in with our Christmas theme at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your card looks so peaceful and sweet! Love the traditional colour and the warm glow around the edges that enhances the beautiful candles! Well done using your plaid DP, it's just perfect to match the panel!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping this month!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Linda thank you so much for popping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment I love your card with the candles and the papers a super festive make thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping I hope you will join us often
hugs
lolo x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the candles and your lovely coloring. TFS

papierelle said...

Very beautiful christmas card!!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful Christmas card and I love your coloring too!! Thanks for sharing, and inspiring, us over at NBUS. Hope to see you again. Bonnie GDT

Linby said...

This is a wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely message. Glad to see you at We Love Stamping and I hope you will be a regular visitor.
Lynn x

Trina P. said...

Lovely Christmas card so beautifully stamped and coloured.

Greta said...

Beautiful image & card!