Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, November 11, 2022

Striped Tree

TGIF and Happy Veterans Day to all those veterans who serve(d) our country, including my Dad and brother! I'm back with a third and final entry to the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge Trees, Trees, Trees!. And it also fits at the November Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero where they're doing The Great Outdoors. My tree is outside on its little glittery snowbank!


Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; Paper Studio Brights,
A Country Christmas, and Holiday; Hero Arts Glitter Paper Basics
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Sentiment Strips
Taylored Expressions Easy Strips 1/4"
Other - various gems; Jolee's star

I created my tree using quarter inch die cut strips. You can see a card I made during the Holiday Stamp Along (Laura Bassen class 9) HERE if you missed it. In anticipation of that class, I'd die cut a bunch of the stripes and made an extra panel. The TE die cuts 8 strips at a time and I cut it from 5 different colors so I had plenty ot them! Here's a shot of the panel & of the die cut trees I got from it:

 

I made the jumbo tree into a tag; you can see it HERE if you missed it.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!





11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful stripy tree, it looks great in those colours too. I really ought to enter the kickstarter challenge this month as I have made a number of tree cards. Perhaps I will get round to it tomorrow xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun tree! Cute card, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Oh that looks like it was fun to make, and it sure makes me smile.

Dawn T said...

Incredible stripy tree Linda. such a fun card

Rosemary said...

so very fun and festive, linda!

Julia Aston said...

What a great way to create a very colorful tree!

Jean said...

Fantastic technique for the silhouette tree. And yay for having a panel ready!

papierelle said...

That's a very interesting christmas tree. Nice idea!!

Dotty Jo said...

Love your stripy tree, Linda - isn't it fun! The gems look great too and are the perfect accents. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart for the third time, Jo x

Kanan Pandya said...

Love your card. So beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

Essie said...

the striped tree is so clever! --Thanks so much for playing along with our November Stay Crafty With a Blog Named Hero challenge!