Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

More Winter Critters among Birch Trees

Happy Tuesday! Did you miss me yesterday after I've been posting so faithfully?? Well, I spent the morning finishing up my cards for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive. I'd done oodles of card fronts but I was way behind on the insides! Plus, one needed to write a little personal message inside and, for prize purposes, put a sticky note on with your contact info (which won't stay with the card). 

Hero Arts needs to receive all card donations by 11/18. With the Veteran's Day holiday coming up, I figured I'd better mail early!! I boxed up and mailed 41 cards to Hero Arts, including all but one of the Stamp Along cards. Since I'd done several other versions of Jennifer McGuire's gorgeous card, I saved hers for more inspiration; the rest went in the box. LOL, there were more cards created for the drive than I have created the rest of the year for my own holiday card sending. Looks like I'll be getting busy in the next few weeks, trying to recreate my recent productivity!!

During the past weekend's Holiday Stamp Along, I did another birch tree panel so I could add another card to my own stash. This one fits the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge Trees, Trees, Trees!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; TH Jewel Kraft Metallics;
Paper Studio vellum; Hero Arts Glitter Paper Basics
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Winter Critters Bundle
Stamp & Cut set - Hero Arts Christmas Holidays
Stencil - Hero Arts Birch Trees
Other - Hero Arts Hero Paste Glitter;
Copic Markers; various HA blue inks for "sky"

I created today's card using the Jessica Frost-Ballas Holiday Stamp Along class 3 card as a template (see mine from the weekend HERE if you missed it). Today I used the hedgehog with the bunny (both from Hero Arts Winter Critters bundle) and added a present (from the HA North Pole Express Bundle). Also changed up the sentiment - used a Happy Holidays die from HA Christmas Holidays Stamp & Cut XL (love this set). Hard to see but the sentiment has a shadow layer of HA white glitter cardstock and a vellum mat layer. 

In class Jessica put Hero Paste on the "sky" too after coloring the white paste with liquid watercolor. I skipped that step both during class and here - simply ink blended my sky. I did use the Hero Paste (the fabulous glitter stuff) on the snow - so fun and sparkly!! Such a sweet design by Jessica; I'm sure I'll make other versions!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!



9 comments:

Jean said...

You've nicely showcased the Woodland/Winter Critters. The birch background is fantastic.

Lisa Elton said...

So cute!

Dawn T said...

Super cute Linda. A really sweet card. Well done on your win at Let's Squash it.

CinnamonSally said...

Fun card Linda and congrats on your recent wins.

papierelle said...

Oh this is so cute and lovely!!! A very beautiful christmas scene!!!

Cat Craig said...

Darling scene.

Rosemary said...

Just did another stroll through your blog and oh my goodness have you been busy, Linda! So amazing that you were able to create 41 cards for the Hero card drive. All of them are quite wonderful and will bless those who receive them.

Cindy C. said...

Super sweet card Linda!!

Dotty Jo said...

Love that birch background! Another lovely creation, Linda. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x