Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, November 18, 2022

Watercolored Tree and some foiling!

TGIF, my friends - woo hoo! Today I'm getting in my third and final entry for the November Let's Squash It! Challenge. You just make any Christmas card using an embossing folder. I've been having fun dusting off some old stuff from the stash!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; TH Jewel Kraft; 
Poptone Black Licorice; Hero Arts Handmade Watercolor Paper
Embossing folder - TH Alterations by Sizzix name unk
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Wishing You Tree Bundle
Other - Ranger Princess Gold ep; various inks;
PinkFresh Studio Holiday Foiled Sentiments

This time I dusted off an old Tim Holtz Alterations ef (no packaging so I don't know its specific name) and embossed a piece of his Jewel Kraft Metallic paper. I sanded the embossing and inked with some Black Soot Distress Ink before matting it in black. The tree was stamped and gold embossed onto watercolor paper. I watercolored it with various water reactive inks - some Distress and some Hero Arts. Added the matted embossed background to an A2 card and popped my die cut tree on with foam tape. Since I had the PinkFresh Studio foiled sentiments out, I used one here - done!

Next, a pair of bonus card, again with nothing to do with Let's Squash It. I've been doing more foiling since the Hero Arts Holiday Stamp Along. I tried a new plate from Hero Arts as well as using the ornament one from the event. I adhered the foiled panels to prefab A2 cards and added a PFS sentiment with foam tape - very quick & easy! The cute little bow on the right came from my friend Arlene (A Bit of This and That) - it's from Birch Press Design's Christmas Ornament Pop Up Easel set. BPD is our Die Cut Diva sponsor this month - check it out! You will see me using something more from that set in my Monday Diva post. I'll add my snowflake wreath card to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since it's getting its first play today.


Supplies: Foiling plates - Hero Arts Snowflake Wreath and Ornament Border
Foil - Spellbinders silver & gold

That's it for today - our snow has remained and temperatures dipped to 19F. So glad I'm not my friend Diane out in Buffalo New York, though - they're expecting 4 feet!! 

Thanks for stopping by!!

 


  

10 comments:

Jean said...

The dry embossed pattern is a great choice to showcase the tree.

Those foil plates from Hero Arts look stunning!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific cards, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Linda. Love the tree card with that stunning embossed background. And your foiled cards are simply stunning. The foil looks incredible against the dark backgrounds.

CinnamonSally said...

Another set of fabulous cards Linda, Love your foiled cards, I really need to use my foiling machine more, I just seem to use it for sentiments at the moment.

Angelnorth said...

More great cardsLinda! Love the way that EF frames the Christmas tree and the foiled sentiments on all them look lovely.

Cathy said...

Wonderful cards Linda, that foiling looks fabulous, Cathy x

Cat Craig said...

Elegant!

Rosemary said...

Another lovely set of cards, Linda. Your chilly weather sounds like the perfect reason to stay inside and craft.

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love all of your cards!! They're beautiful! Thanks for sharing your snowflake wreath, and inspiring, us over at NBUS. Hope to see you again. Bonnie GDT

Greta said...

Can't believe the variety of Christmas cards you've made! I thought I made a lot, but wow--you're the queen!