Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Christmas Words and more!

Welcome back friends - I'm playing again at the November Let's Squash It! Challenge. Just make any Christmas card using an embossing folder and I definitely need more Christmas cards! So here's my second entry (out of a max of 3):

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Paper Studio Holiday;
My Favorite Things Christmas Text 6x6; Poptone Black Licorice
Embossing Folder - Sizzix/Hero Arts Christmas Words & Dots (retired)
Other - Hero Arts felt embellishments & pearls;
PinkFresh Studio Holiday Foiled Sentiments;
Hero Arts Key Lime and Green Apple Inks

Can you believe it? I dusted off another 2012 Sizzix/Hero Arts collaboration set. Embossed the Christmas Words and rubbed some key lime and green apple ink atop. Matted the panel and added to an A2 card covered with a holiday text paper from MFT. I had my Glimmer machine out and was foiling but not happy with the result so I grabbed a pre-foiled sentiment from PinkFresh Studio. Then I added a sprig of felt holly leaves and some pearl berries - done!

The ef comes in a set with a snowy dot folder - probably should use that one next - LOL! The set is long retired and I couldn't even find it at Frantic Stamper who often has older products. Here's a photo of it:



Here's a bonus card, again with nothing to do with Let's Squash It. I've been working on this one for a while. When I made Daniel West's card in class one of the Hero Arts Holiday Stamp Along (see mine HERE, if desired), I colored all the poinsettias in the background stamp we used. Many were along the borders and didn't get used for Daniel's card which featured three flowers. I had the idea to use them along the border of a white card. We didn't use any leaves for Daniel's card but the background had many. I colored and fussy cut them to add to the flowers. 

Daniel's tip was to use a G03 Copic in the flower centers before laying down any red! I'd never heard that one & it really gives some nice depth. My sentiment has a silver and a cranberry shadow; the topper is cherry and covered with Hero Arts glitter lacquer - love this stuff!! 

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; TH Kraft Metallic;
Paper Studio Holiday; Neenah white
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Glitter Lacquer

That's it for today - still lightly snowing here and only 25F so a good day to be indoors crafting! Thanks for stopping by!!

 

10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I am loving those greens and shiny gold on the first card and the wonderful depth you have created on the flowers for your second card. Thanks for sharing that tip xx

Jean said...

Two terrific cards! I particularly like the combination on the first card with the text on the background and the embossed panel. Fun tip regarding the coloring on the flowers.

Rosemary said...

another wondeful set of cards, linda. you are so good at turning your bits and bobs into amazing designs. it has gotten down into the mid 30s here and that is cold enough for me!

Dawn T said...

Two more beautiful Christmas cards Linda. Love the rich greens on the embossed background. And the poinsettia card is gorgeous.

papierelle said...

These cards are again particularly beautiful! Because I love poinsettias so much, I particularly like the second card.

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda, that's a great embossing folder and it looks gorgeous in green, love your poinsettias too.

Angelnorth said...

Two lovely cards Linda, those embossing folders look like great ones to have hidden away in your stash and I’m always going to love a card with shades of green!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful cards, love the poinsettias!

Cat Craig said...

Both are so festive, and thanks for the coloring tip.

Trina P. said...

wonderful Christmas cards, and that poinsettia card is gorgeous!