Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

October 2022 Card Chain Reveal

Welcome! It's time to reveal cards that went around the world for the October Card Chain Challenge! You make & send one card to the person ahead of you in the chain, then receive one from the next link - very fun!! Thirty-two people participated & my card went to fabulous Arlene (A Bit of This and That), a longtime friend and sister Diva from Die Cut Divas. You can see the entire chain HERE.

Supplies: Paper - Unity Black; scraps of orange, yellow & kraft;
DCWV Everyday Stack; Doodlebug Pumpkin Party
Dies - Hero Arts Jack O' Lantern;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Stamps - Poppystamps Halloween Ingredients (retired but
a few were left HERE at Frantic Stamper, last time I checked)
Other - White embossing powder; Park Lane gems;
Stickles; Copics for shading; Black Soot Distress Ink

I ignored the colors (silver, blush & frost) this month because I knew I wanted to make a Halloween card for Arlene. I used the sketch, though, making my jack-o'-lantern the star of the card. Don't know if she recognized it but the sentiment came from a Poppystamps set Arlene sent me last year - love it! Thanks again, Arlene!!

Sketch Option

I don't often do much with a card's insides but I made a special effort to do some Halloween stuff this time. 

Additional Stamps - Lawn Fawn Trick or Treat;
web & spider from the Poppystamps set

The amazing Dawn from New Zealand (Dawn's World), another long-time friend & sister Diva, sent me this beauty. I just love everything about it, from the gorgeous flowers to the bubble background - thanks Dawn!! Sweet of her to think I'm fantastic :)


If you'd like to play along for November, you still have until November 6th to sign up. Go HERE to find the linky.

Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!



10 comments:

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful mix of colorful DP's on this fun Halloween card Linda! and what a great carved pumpkin with his glowing features! xx

HilaryJane said...

What great use of the sketch and I love the papers you chose. This is a wonderful Halloween card. Dawn's card is pretty special too xx

Jean said...

What fun! I always like to see what you sent and received!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card for Halloween and love how you completed it inside too!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Halloween card Linda. I'm sure that Arlene loved it. And I'm glad you liked my card.

papierelle said...

Great realization of the sketch and your pumpkin looks very spooky.

Angelnorth said...

Fun use of the sketch Linda, love the pumpkin lantern!

Arlene said...

I loved your card and all the goodies. I didn't the sentiment on the outside, but I remember that spider web, for sure. LOL

crafty-stamper said...

Great Halloween card inside and out,love the pumpkin and papers.Gorgeous floral card from Dawn too
Carol x

Greta said...

Just doing some catch up blog reading & will leave some comments, but know I've looked at all your great cards! Wonderful use of the sketch for your exchange card, Linda!