Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Up in the Air scene

Hey everyone - I received the May 2020 My Monthly Hero kit this week - yay! With the virus and shutdowns in California, Hero Arts had been carrying on with just the family doing the work. Things will improve for them, thankfully, now that businesses are starting to reopen. I'm just so grateful to Aaron and his family for processing orders!! Will have to send them a card but today I'm sharing one for a friend - a little sky scene with an airplane pulling a banner. This one will fit with Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge 10 (ending June 25th 5PT) to create a scene. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Momenta Water Color 8x8;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps and Dies from May 2020 My Monthly Hero Kit 
Dies - My Favorite Things retired Blueprints;
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Hero Arts Lacquer pen
and an old star gem from 2008!

This kit hasn't sold out as of this post's publishing so you'd still have a chance to order one. It's so cute I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet!! I added a few bigger clouds using Hero's cloud infinity dies - love them and so handy for skies!! The HELLO banner is just an interior cut with no matching frame. No worries, I found a good match in my stash - it's an orphan though so I don't know which set it's from. The sky is simply a stitched rectangle die cut from a watercolor pattern paper - I have about 6 packs of it because I keep using up the blue pages - love them!!

I'll also share my card at the NBUS Challenge even though the May kit is a new never-before-used item versus an ancient one (I have plenty of those too!) On another note - over on The Card Chain Challenge we're celebrating 3000 cards sent around the world. Gail asked us to share a favorite card we received in the chain. I went back to THIS CARD  that Anette Hjerpaasen from Norway sent me back in January 2011. I loved Anette's trio of flowers and the big ribbon; wish I knew where she went - no cards posted since 2012... If you've ever played in this challenge, be sure to stop and check it out! Maybe it's time to start playing again - you have until July 6th to sign up for August.

That's it for today! Thanks to Hero Arts and to Darnell for the fun challenges and thanks to you for stopping by! Hope you're enjoying a crafty weekend!!




5 comments:

Dawn T said...

what an adorable scene Linda. A beautiful card.

Cindy C. said...

Cool card!!

Betty said...

how cute!

Greta said...

What an adorable scene you created, Linda! Something I can't seem to do very well, but love seeing the work of others!

Jean said...

Adorable scene!