Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 27, 2020

CAS one layer

Hey everyone - hope you're having a great weekend!! I'm playing along with two challenges today - CAS(E) this Sketch (#378 by Donna Mikasa) and Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge 11 over on the Hero Arts Blog. Here's Donna's awesome sketch (btw, she's a former Hero Hostess too - just waaay more talented than I!):


You can see Donna's amazing card with it HERE. While I was pondering the sketch yesterday and what I could do with it, Hero Arts announced its 11th Stay Crafty Challenge - it's to do a one layer card. Arrrrgh - not something at which I excel. Well, they do call it a challenge, right?! Decided to combine these challenges and here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Anchor Paper soft grey linen cardstock
Stamps - Hero Arts CL535 Carte Postale (retired) &
Inks - Weathered Wood Distress;
Hero Arts Ultra Pink & Navy
Other - red, navy & grey pencils; white gel pen; Stickles


I started by stamping the postage stamp, masked it and stamped the post card, then the sentiment. Added some details to the postage stamp, including a light border with a navy pencil and some grey shading on the left side, and called it done. Not bad for a style I don't do well.... Hey, I noticed after my stamping that the Carte Postale set is from 2011, the year I was a Hero Hostess! Fun times indeed!! Thanks again to Hero Arts for selecting me back then and for being so good to me since!!

Thanks to the crew, especially Donna, at CAS(E) this Sketch and to Hero Arts for more fun challenges!! Thanks to you for visiting and happy crafting!!

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

You're rocking it on both challenges, Linda.

Rosemary said...

so... couldn't really tell that you don't excel at one layer cards, linda! you rocked both challenges with this fabulous design!

Betty said...

love this card Linda - perfect for both challenges!

Dawn T said...

You really did an awesome job on your CAS one layer card Linda. It's gorgeous.

Jean said...

Effective use of the sketch!

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful take from the sketch!! And I love seeing those Hero Arts stamps in action!!

Greta said...

What a creative way to use the sketch, Linda! Great card!