Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Jingle Jingle!

Hey everyone - hope your week is going well. I received two things yesterday - a reminder from CAS Christmas for their current challenge Bells & a package from A Jillian Vance Design containing, you guessed it, bells! So I got busy with bells! Here's my card (had to finish it this morning since we had chorus last night on ZOOM):

Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz Metallic Jewels and Kraft Metallic
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - AJVD Jingle Bells Die Set and
Stamps - Hero Arts CL889 Holiday Pine Branches (retired) 
Other - foam tape, embroidery floss, Hero Arts Forest ink

For years I've been following my friend Rosemary's blog "Hey There .... rosigirl!" She makes amazing cards and has been a designer for many teams, including her current stint with A Jillian Vance Design. Last Wednesday Rosemary wrote their blog post with a lovely cup card she designed. She enabled me to finally buy something from AJVD, despite my resisting to add another company to my list of loves. They were offering 21% off in celebration of Jillian's birthday so I jumped right in and bought the cup set. Since CAS Christmas had a bell theme, I searched AJVD for bells and found the fun Jingle Bells Die Set and the Stitched Plaid Cover Plate which reminded me of some trellis dies I've seen on other blogs. Kudos to AJVD - I ordered Wednesday night & received my package on Monday - great service!! I'm sure I'll visit again!!

I cut the entire bells set out of three TH metallics, then decided the color combo I wanted for this card. I'll create other cards with the rest of the bells someday... Since I had my new cover plate, I decided to try the bells on it - liked it! Stamped and fussy cut a couple pines (too few?) and added to the plate. After arranging the bells, I carefully slid them out one at a time and tied embroidery floss to them (gluing the knot and trimming it so no dangles). Used the amazing Gina K. Connect Glue - love that stuff!! Added ultra thin foam. Slipped bell carefully back into its spot, then stretched the floss taut and glued the top in the center of the pines. Covered the top of the floss with the little bow. Added to a top fold A2 card - done! I also bought the Jingle All the Way sentiments set but I'll stamp the sentiment on the inside of this card - there just didn't seem to be enough room on the front!

So, thanks for the enabling, Rosemary!! I mentioned in my order comments that I love your cards and they wrote back that they love you too!! If anyone's interested, check out Rosemary's post using the jingle bells which I apparently missed back in 2018 (found it on a search after I bought the set). Darling tags on that post which could give you more inspiration for the latest Christmas Kickstart challenge!

I'll enter this to Darnell's NBUS challenge too since, not only are the bells and cover plate new, I've never used the Metallics Jewels paper (hmmm, it's been around here for over a year!). Thanks to the CAS Christmas team and to Darnell for fun challenges!! And as always, thanks to you for visiting!!

       

12 comments:

Betty said...

those are the cutest bells ever (you might have enabled me to buy them!) and love how you used them on your card. went thru my stash and there's not a bell to be found.

Cindy C. said...

Oh Linda this is so beautiful!!

Loll said...

Your metallic jingle bells in the different colours looks amazing!! LOVE them, Linda! And such a gorgeous coverplate ... so much beautiful dimension. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful color palette on your Christmas bells and I love all the texture you added with the cover plate...such a stunning card, Linda! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Linda, love the background , so much dimension.

Dawn T said...

what a stunner Linda. Rosemary is very inspiring. Love the bells.

JoAnn said...

Love your colorful and shiny bells. A great card with that die cut background. Love it. TFS

Bonnie said...

Love these jingle bells, Linda! The pine branches and background work wonderfully with them!

Rosemary said...

ha! so glad i was able to enable you, linda! love, love, love your card!

Linda said...

Your shiny jingle bells are so pretty, Linda. Love your textured background and the pine branches. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Christine Alexander said...

cute little bells with all the shine of Christmas. Love your die cut background so perfect as a frame. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Greta said...

Wow--love your festive card, Linda! That Rosemary does make pretty much everything she uses become a must have--haha! I've resisted AJVD (still not used to paying postage--haha) but did tell Rosemary that cover plate is on my wishlist. It is the perfect element for your background! By the way, I've been told Lawn Fawn liquid glue is the same as the Gina K & costs $1 less--at least when I bought mine.