Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

New Gina K card kit and vintage!

I spotted Jennifer McGuire's blog post on June 11th on Faux Monoprint using a new Gina K Designs kit and a beautiful script stamp. I only had two Gina K sets - Friendship Blooms, a collaboration with Hero Arts and the Autumn Wreath Builder set. No time like the present to add more so I quickly ordered the kit , Nature's Touch, and the Elegant Script background stamp. Good thing I acted fast because a lot of things Jennifer shows fly off "the shelves"; the kit is currently out of stock, probably didn't take long. When ordering I also watched a Gina K video - loved her presentation style, very relaxed and easy to watch. She does some live shows on Facebook so I watched one last night and tried to create along with her. Here's my creation:

Supplies: Paper - Gina K Sea Glass cardstock;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Gina K Elegant Script and
The Best Flowers (a set in the kit)
Other - Copic Markers; Memento Rich Cocoa;
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass and Tea Dye


If interested, you can see my faux monoprint cards HERE. I have some work to do on that technique!! And the vintage too, for that matter - word to the wise, don't use 110lb cardstock to try to crumple! How I made it work was to bend the cardstock a bit in different spots that didn't crumple so I could add ink to the folds. My torn edges were a bit wonky but I went with it! Also, Gina did paper piecing to her flower so it stood out from the script background. Not me, I just scribbled some Copics on top and called it good. On another card (Gina made two to my one....) she stamped a solid silhouette flower (same one Jennifer used) and it looked amazing! Will try that next. I hadn't used my paper distresser tool in ages - used it on my sentiment circle. Didn't add any embellishments, am keeping it simple and flat for a long distance mail journey.

Got up early this morning and did a more traditional card using the same sets. 


Very quick and easy - the longest time was spent cutting a mask for the flower before stamping the script. I inked the script in Tumbled Glass then randomly added some Tea Dye before stamping on the white panel. Added Wink of Stella to the flower after coloring with Copics. Cut it with a retired MFT Blueprints stitched rectangle, matted in brown and added to the Sea Glass card. Sequins are from Hero Arts. The sentiment is from Gina K's Stately Flowers 7 set which includes the state flower of MN - can't wait to create with it!!

Thanks for stopping and you can find Gina K's great videos here. I watched Whimsical Wednesday for 6/24/20 while creating card one. Have a crafty day!!

6 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, gorgeous cards, love the colors and designs.

Betty said...

love the blues and brown tones together - know what you mean about ordering when Jennifer talks about a new product!

Diane said...

Beautiful colors and card design Linda.

Hugs Diane

Jean said...

Two WOWs! Love this style and these colors!

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, linda!

Greta said...

I watched one of Gina's videos recently, but have yet to make a card like she did. Good for you! I'm especially drawn to the second card--just gorgeous, Linda!