Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 26, 2020

More tag cards for Christmas Kickstart

Hey everyone - Jo & her elf Tracey are doing tags &/or cards with a tag (Challenge #32 Care to Tag Along) until the end of June over at Christmas Kickstart Challenge. I entered earlier this month and decided it was time to play again - can't be a slacker in building that Christmas card stash!!


Here's my first card with a tag:

Supplies: Paper Studio Old World Winter; Paper for tag by unk
Stamps - Hero Arts CG211 Magical Background & 
CL474 Special Wishes (both retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired)
Other - Hero Arts lace (retired); May Arts string twine

I'm trying to use stuff in the UFO box and this tag was in there sans twine (I added it today). Near as I can remember, the snowman was on a patterned paper and I carefully trimmed him and embellished him with Stickles and gel pens. Put him on a tag. A boring rectangle tag but a tag nonetheless. The brown and blue distressed-looking paper was from the same pack but I can't tell which brand - I made it ages ago!! Since Mr. Snowman looks a bit vintage-y, I found a pretty snowflake paper in the Old World Winter 6x6 pad by Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby brand) - just love the delicate music running through it - hard to see unless you look closely. I remember stamping the sentiment in brown and clear embossing it, then cutting the words to fit the tag. This was popular at the time. Couldn't stop making cards with tags now that I'm in the UFO box successfully....

Next, I have cards featuring tags my friend Heather (Stamping and Stitching) sent me. Thanks again, Heather!! She sent 5 tags of various design and I used a similar layout to make 5 cards. Different papers for each. Here they all are in one photo.


The "fun"?! was going through all my Christmas papers trying to find ones I liked with each tag. I had a large pile of rejected 6x6 paper pads by the time I finished but at least I found some appropriate (at least I think so) papers by BoBunny, American Crafts and Basic Grey. Found some yummy ribbon and twine in the bin, especially love the sheer purple, another upcycle from my friend Connie and her dentist.

Well friends, I'm supposed to be Misty-proofing since Misty the cat arrives next week. I figure I can continue to pull crafty stuff out as long as I put it tidily away. Wish me luck.... I have a disaster going on right now!!

Thanks, Jo, for another fun challenge & thanks to you for stopping!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

7 comments:

Betty said...

all such fun tag cards, Linda - especially love the snowman and the red one on the bottom left.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful collection of cards Linda.

Rosemary said...

another lovely set of cards, linda!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous tag cards Linda. You have used Heather's tags beautifully on the cards.

Jean said...

That vintage-feel snowman is wonderful! Fun way to use those tags. Great patterned paper pairings!

Greta said...

You were really on a roll, Linda! I especially love the first card with that wonderful snowman & background paper! Good luck with the Misty proofing!

Dotty Jo said...

It's great to be on a roll, isn't it! Love your tag card - I always enjoy using my stash too. Thanks for playing along again with Tracey and me for this challenge at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x