Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Jingle Bells - again!

I had some time last night after a frustrating time with a washing machine yesterday (more on that later). So I picked up some more of the bells I had die cut (three were used on yesterday's card) and made another card to share for the latest CAS Christmas Card challenge. I also cut a bunch of bells for my friend Betty - they went out in the mail today!  Here's my Jingle all the Way card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Tim Holtz Metallic Jewels 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - AJVD Jingle Bells Die Set and
Impression Obsession Pine Branch
Stamps - AJVD  Jingle All the Way
Other - foam tape, Hero Arts Intense Black ink;
Distress Inks - Gathered Twig and Pine Needles to shade the branch

I decided to try a single bell as an ornament on a branch. The stars stuck in when I removed the paper from the die so I decided to leave them in. Plenty of room for a sentiment and I chose a large one from the AJVD set. I used the plaid die from yesterday's card to dry emboss a panel - really liked this quilted look. Sorry Betty - this panel was going to you but the envelope got too bulky so I'll send you some later if you'd like....

And now a twofer - a variation on yesterday's card. I used a different color combo of bells from yesterday (I had cut all three sizes of bells in three colors to mix and match). Which combo do you prefer? I also added a second set of pine branches - I like this fuller look. And I squeezed a sentiment on - thought this Keep Calm and Jingle On was a fitting one.

Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz Metallic Jewels and Kraft Metallic
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - AJVD Jingle Bells Die Set and
Stamps -  AJVD  Jingle All the Way
Other - foam tape, embroidery floss, Hero Arts Forest ink,
Pine Needles Distress Ink

So - the frustrating washer story: My washer developed a leak last summer so I spent the summer going to the laundromat (kinda fun; I met some nice people). Didn't want to deal with getting a new washer because I wasn't home that much then. So this summer, I decide to deal with it and bought a fancy new Speed Queen. The installers set it on a wash cycle to get the box dust out of it and headed out. Wasn't 5 minutes in and the washer was leaking - yikes! Called them and they took it away. A different new one should arrive today. Keep Calm and Jingle on indeed!!

That's it for today, friends - have a calm and crafty day!! Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Jean said...

The washer situation sounds super frustrating!

As for those cards - stunning! Great backgrounds and the shiny ornaments are fabulous!

Betty said...

two more really cute cards - and looking forward to getting my jingle on when my bells arrive!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Love all your Bell cards Linda..that's a great die set and I like both colour combos.... the quilted background is fabulous too -- Glad you got that washing machine sorted and hope you're all settled back at home now... hugs and stay safe Robyn

Lin said...

These are stunners, Linda - love everything about them! We had washer adventures this year too!

Rosemary said...

another fabulous set of cards, linda! you are really giving those bells a work out, lol!

Linda said...

Another pretty card with your metallic bell. Thanks, again Linda for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE both your bell cards Linda! Both are CAS and yet so full of detail!! I'm loving that embossed background too! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at CAS Christmas and I sure hope the washing machine ordeal gets straightened out!! :0)

Dawn T said...

two stunning cards Linda. Amazing use of the bells.

Loll said...

LOVE your first card with the large red bell. So pretty! And a great dry embossed design in the background, Linda. Your second card is so pretty ... I know it's the same as your last one except the colours of bells have moved, but it does look different. Just goes to show that changing up one element makes a big difference. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Christine Alexander said...

another great card Linda, isn't it great when you have enough to make two cards. Love the texture of your background and that beautiful bell hanging from your greenery. Thanks for playing along with CAS Christmas :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both bell cards are fabulous, Linda! The shiny red bell is so pretty and I love the embossed background. The second card, as you say, has a fuller look and fun. The stitched plaid cover die background adds so much interest in a subtle tone-on-tone way. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Barb Ghig said...

Two really gorgeous cards, Linda! Your bells are so striking and I love how you added texture to your design with the cover plate! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Greta said...

They just don't make 'em like they used to! Hope you get a working machine soon! Gotta say, all your bell cards are some of my favorites! Love your cards, Linda!