Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Purple roses and a pair of bells

Hey all - good to "see" you! Today I'm sharing a card for my old - oops, should say "former", lead singer from my retired quartet. Her birthday comes at the end of the month and we're getting together for a "deck chat" (outdoors with physical distancing) on Friday. Thought I'd save postage and take the card to her then!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card & teal wood grain; 
American Craft A2 card cut for the music panel;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Momenta watercolor 8x8;
purple/teal patterned - Prima Royal Menagerie 
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired);
Spellbinders Petite Labels One (retired)
Stamps - Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy (with matching dies);
Hero Arts It's Your Day (retired);
Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental
Other - foam tape; Hero Arts inks

Heidi loves purple, as do I! I may have mentioned before that, whenever the quartet rec'd a gift with four different colored items (such as vases, Christmas bells, etc), she & I had to bargain over any purple item - LOL. I hadn't tried the Sunny Studio roses in shades of purple yet and had a great time with them! I'm getting better at aligning, even if there was an oops now & then (I made two sets). When I went to stamp the fifth layer in a deep purple, it didn't show up well. So I went ahead and used black - worked great, I thought! I found one lonely piece of beautiful patterned paper in purple and teal to go atop my card base. I couldn't find the 6x6 pad anywhere but I know I bought it at Hobby Lobby some time ago. Wish I had more!! ** Update - found a card I made four years ago using a piece of it; updated the supply list - it was Prima, thought so!** I used a variation of the sketch by Julee Tilman as seen on the Hero Arts blog here.

Thinking of Christmas bells, I made the fourth and final bell card with the remaining two bells I had left (of the 9 I cut on Monday). Don't know what possessed me to use gold mirror cardstock for the card base so please excuse the phone shadow on the card (artfully? disguised by my name). I first cut a stitched rectangle and dry embossed it with an old Cuttlebug folder, matted in black, to cover most of the mirror card. A glittery oval frame grounded my two bells and I used another AJVD jingle sentiment. I had stamped a sheet of several for Betty and did one for myself before I put the set away. I've already entered the limit of three at the current CAS Christmas so I'm just sharing for fun...

Supplies: Paper - Mirror card from a Hero Arts MMH kit; Tim Holtz Metallic Jewels 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio Glitter
Dies - AJVD Jingle Bells Die Set and
My Favorite Things retired Blueprints 
Stamps - AJVD  Jingle All the Way
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug Kitchen Weave
Other - foam tape, Hero Arts Intense Black ink

And in the continuing saga of the washing machine, a different new one was delivered yesterday (one from Tuesday leaked & went back to the store). All seems well so far - no leakage or other problems noted during the test cycle - whew! So I went ahead and started the oodles of laundry I've been saving for my new washer. Very nice - I'm so happy to have another item checked off my to-do list! Now to Misty-proofing. My brother's cat Misty will take a vacation with me in a few weeks and I'm trying to clean up all the crafty messes around here that she might get into. Problem is, the more I put away, the more I take out - when will it end?!

Thanks for listening to my craziness stories and for checking out my cards! Hope your having a great week!!

6 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card for your friend - such pretty colors with the sheet music background!

Rosemary said...

loving all your jingle bell themed cards, linda! and the first one? those roses are just gorgeous!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous purple card. Love purple flowers and love this design. Your bells are delightful as well.

CinnamonSally said...

Two great cards Linda.

Jean said...

Two terrific cards. The black on the layered flower is amazing! Great color combo on that card. And another terrific card with those bells!

Yay for a working washing machine.

Greta said...

You are really on a roll with cards, Linda! Love these, too! Glad the new machine is working well. Good luck with the Misty proofing! Maybe that's what I need to force myself to purge & organize--haha! Probably wouldn't work--I always give up & go make something--so much more fun!