Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Father's Day early!

Hey there - I spotted my friend Dawn's fab masculine card on Saturday. She's on the Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog Design Team - they're doing a Masculine/Father's Day theme this week. Since I need a Father's Day card for dear ol' dad, I decided to play along. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Authentique 6x6 (from a mix);
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb
Stamps - Simon Says Stamp What's Brewing (retired);
Taylored Expressions Many Minis - Holiday (retired);
Hero Arts AR143 Cool Dad (Archiver's exclusive - retired)
Other - Copics; foam tape; Paper Studio star gems;
Hero Arts Intense Black ink

I've probably told this story before but, when I was growing up, I toured with a Drum & Bugle Corps. Invariably, I'd come home from all over the US dragging little presents for my family. Poor Dad still has some of the cups I brought him. My fave is the one from Disneyland with Mickey Mouse on it. But I digress.... Dad still loves his coffee (not strong enough unless a spoon stands up in it!) so I decided to go with a coffee theme. The SSS cup stamp is outline only but I added the "Cool Dad" from an oldie but goodie by Hero Arts. I've not used the SSS set before - poor thing, it's already retired!! So I'll also enter this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge.

Masculine/Father's Day
 

Thanks for the fun challenges and thanks to you for stopping by!!

6 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your story about bringing home presents for your family Linda and I bet your dad treasures his cups! You've personalised the cup beautifully on your card and it looks perfect for your coffee-loving dad! Vicky x

Chris said...

Hi Linda, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and thanks also for playing along at Sweet Stampin', I'm so pleased you joined in this week and I hope you'll be back often!
Love the card you made for your Dad, and the story behind the mugs - I'm sure he loved them all and will love this thoughtful card too.
Chris
x

Rosemary said...

what a fun father's day card, linda!

Greta said...

Perfect card for your dad! Love what you did with the cup!

Dawn T said...

What a great card Linda. I'm sure that your Dad will love it and loved the story of all your gifts to him. I bet each and everyone is cherished.

Jean said...

Wonderful masculine card - great details such as the striped paper.