Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Blue Rose Gift Bag

Hey crafty friends! I'm off to have lunch with my friend JoAnn tomorrow - a nice break from cleaning up my crafty messes (what I call Misty-proofing) so my brother's cat won't get into them! Misty arrives next week so I don't have much longer to get ready!! Anyway, I was sorting through all sorts of diecut and stamped goodies from my friend Heather and from others, plus stuff I had cut or stamped. It's a large pile - so I decided I'd better start making things with them. I made a card I'll post in future and then a fun gift bag, which I'm sharing today, to take to JoAnn with some mini chocolate squares:

Supplies: Paper - Momenta Watercolor 8x8;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb;
check pattern by unknown
Stamps - Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy (with dies)
Dies - Lawn Fawn Goodie Bag
Spellbinder's tag (retired)
Other - ribbon by unknown;
Doodlebug string

I found this fun Lawn Fawn mini bag diecut from Heather in my box; loved it so much that I bought the die, not that I've used it yet ... I made up the bag and found a fun ribbon in the scrap bin. My friend Connie gets all kinds of ribbon given to her by her employer, a dentist. They know I like them for crafting and this beauty was perfect. Now how to decorate it?

I had the Sunny Studio rosy set out to stamp some roses to send to Arlene with the July Card chain challenge card (you can still sign up HERE until July 6th). Don't worry, she knows about it as I was checking with her to see if her favorite color is still red. It is! Since the set was out and the ribbon had roses on it, light bulb - add a rose. So my final rose in each of the five steps was to use a blue ink. I had 5 reds and 5 blues all ready, plue 3 greens for leaves. Once you get set up, it's easy and fun to do multiples!!

That's it for today, friends! Thanks again to Heather for all the fun bits over the years and I'll get to it all - eventually.... Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!!

6 comments:

Betty said...

how cute - so fun to have lunch with a friend after the long isolation.

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous project Linda. That rose is stunning

CinnamonSally said...

What a gorgeous little gift bag Linda!

Jean said...

So fun! You've nicely showcased those stamps again!

Rosemary said...

oh what a cute little gift bag you created, linda! i'm sure your friend absolutely loved it!

Greta said...

Bet your friend loved this darling gift bag! The blue rose is really gorgeous!