Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 21, 2020

More Twofer Bubbles

Hey everyone - hope you're having a wonderful weekend! I had a great Father's Day with my family except for one sister who's in AZ. We played our favorite card game (Phase 10) and Dad won, coming from way behind to wipe the floor with the rest of us!

I was excited to get out into the world to have lunch with a friend last weekend - take out food eaten at a park, but hey - new normal... JoAnn's has a store near the park so I made a shopping run - hadn't been to JoAnn's in ages and I'm not one to use their online store. Anyway, since I last visited, JoAnn's expanded their Hero Arts stock - yay!! In the Hero Arts store I'd been looking at the new HA/Sweet Petunia MISTI in black (so classy, though why would I need another MISTI, you ask). JoAnn's had one - score! Plus I got the matching mouse pad so I didn't have to laminate another SSS grid - it's the little things, right? Anyway, I also spotted a 6x6 cling stamp with, you guessed it, bubbles! So I had to make another pair of bubble cards for the current Twofer Challenge. Here's my Twofer:


Jennifer McGuire had a fun video June 11th on faux monoprint (see her full post here). I decided to give it a whirl with my new bubble background. After clear embossing the image I laid down a lot of ink on it, then spritzed with water and ran it through my diecut machine with another paper atop. See the results below, far inferior to Jennifer's but I probably should've picked a different ink for my lighter shade - Tumbled Glass came out too light on the monoprint side. I thought I had enough water but maybe that was part of it.


No matter - I cut the light part off (you can see the pattern, oh so subtly) and used it for sentiments. I used the darker part (still quite light compared to the ink-to-paper side) and die cut some circles. Wasn't sure what I'd do with the circles at that point but I moved them around a card base several times. The original embossed piece was die cut with a stitched rectangle for my fish. Here's a closer look with supply list:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Black and Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb; 
Paper Studio Turquoise A2 card;
Momenta watercolor print 8x8 (for seaweed)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired) and 
Leafy Greenery (retired but they sell similar greenery);
Memory Box Seaweed Stalks (retired)
Inks - Memento Dandelion, Cantaloupe, & Tangelo; Versamark
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, Pumice Stone
Other - Ranger clear ep; Copic black pen; Hero Arts lacquer, foam tape

When I made my previous entry (see it here if you missed it), I mentioned having stamped a couple of extra fish. I intended to use a similar background to the one I used previously but now I had a fun bubble background to try. It's busy, but I didn't care a whit!! Die cut some seaweed and a couple mat layers, & stamped a sentiment. Put it all together - done! Sent this one to Darnell and her hubby who have received it - yay!!

On to my Peace card (sympathy for a chorus friend whose mom passed). I had a plain card with the circles arranged but didn't like it. Noticed an Altenew flower stem left over from another sympathy card, laid it on the circles and viola - it tied it together. Gave the stem a quick color with Copics to coordinate with my card colors. Decided I needed a pale background paper and chose a winter paper but it works! Diecut a circle from the light monoprint for the sentiment, put it together, and done! Here's a closer look with supply list:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Turquoise A2 card; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White110 lb
Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh in the Snow 6x6
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired) and 
Stamps - Hero Arts Bubbles Bold Prints
Stampendous Encouraging Words
Altenew Floral Sprig (with matching die)
Inks - Hero Arts Intense Black
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass & Mermaid Lagoon
Other - Copic markers; Michael's gems, foam tape

That's it for today! Will also enter Darnell's NBUS challenge since my bubbles are newly used. Thanks for two fun challenges, Darnell and crew. As always, thanks to you for stopping!!

         

7 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two awesome bubble cards Linda. Love the fishes one. And the soft monoprint circles are so pretty. Glad you were able to visit with your family and got to do some shopping. Good buys! The HA MISTI looks stunning. Glad you manage to get it.

Darnell said...

Glad you had a nice Father's Day and that your Dad won the game and how cool that you found the new HA/MISTI! It's also cool that you came to play in the current TCC again! As you know, I love that fishy card and we were thrilled to find it in our Happy Mail! The full-size bubble stamp will be used a lot, I think, and it sure worked great for the fishies to swim in and for the faux monoprint technique! I think it's very clever how you made circles of your bubbles and created an artsy sympathy card with lots of pretty color and movement! Thank you, too, for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Betty said...

two wonderful ways to use that new stamp set, Linda - love the fishy one and the other is so pretty -you're right - those flowers tied everything together perfectly!

Greta said...

Good for you using your new goodies so quickly! The sympathy card came out great & I love the fish card! I did the monoprint technique when Jennifer first showed it some time back & mine never came out as good as hers, but I'm determined to try again.

Anita in France said...

What a fun, bubbly background for your fish duo, Linda ... and the bubbles-in-circles really draw the eye to those lovely, delicate blooms! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Twofer! Anita :)

Jean said...

Wonderful two-fer! Great use of the supplies!

Rosemary said...

your faux monoprint cards are fabulous, linda! i especially love how you used the second background on the second card! so creative and beautiful!