Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, June 2, 2022

May 2022 Card Chain Reveal

Hey everyone - it's reveal day for the May 2022 Card Chain Challenge!! You make and send one card, then receive one handmade card. So fun! Thirty-four people participated in May and cards flew around the world. My card went to the lovely Mia (craftartista) in Greece. She received my May card the day after she received her April card!!

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; Authentique Endless 8x8;
Neenah white; Momenta Gemstones
Stamps - Hero Arts April 2022 My Monthly Hero kit (sold out)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 6 (retired)
Hero Arts April 2022 My Monthly Hero kit (sold out)
Distress Inks - Aged Mahogany, Fossilized Amber & Squeezed Lemonade
Other - Versamark ink; Ranger Princess Gold ep;
friend sentiment strip from an SSS thanks pack;
Copic Markers R59 & Y19

We had these options for the month:

Colour Palette Option


Sketch Option

Theme Options: Desert/Dessert/Friendship

Product/Technique Options: Embossing Powder/Fancy Fold


I managed to use something from all four options this time! I included the embossing powder technique to my usuals of color, sketch & friendship theme. When I received my April My Monthly Hero Kit I knew it would work well for the May CCC. I stamped and gold embossed the kit's large background stamp onto white cardstock. Next I used the coordinating stencils to color the flowers and leaves. I colored the bees with a Copic and filled in the entire background with another. I'd seen it done HERE using a black marker by Jennifer McGuire and liked the look. Thought it would be gorgeous with the terracotta. 

Can you believe the aged mahogany that I stenciled onto the leaves resulted in that peachy color? But it did! Once colored, I die cut three rounded rectangles from the panel using a MFT Blueprints die. I cut a stitched dot rectangle from yellow patterned Authentique paper and trimmed a narrow strip from a woodplank patterned paper in the same 8x8 pad. Adhered to an A2 card. Die cut the "amazing" and its outline & adhered to the card along with a sentiment strip "friend". It said "thank you, friend" but I snipped off the friend. The Hero kit comes with 3 dies with which you can cut out pieces of the stamped background - I cut a bee to add to my sentiment - done! The card, for a change, turned out just as I envisioned, except for the added bee - a last minute inspiration :)

I received this fabulous slimline card from Gundi (papierelle) in Germany, plus some crafty goodies. Just love all the fun stamps she created for her card after I told her I like stamps! Gundi was so generous with the goodies too - isn't that little die cut mouse darling? And I'm to make some stamps of my own with the die cut postage stamps - wish me luck with that! Thanks Gundi for everything!


Care to join us? The sign up link for the June chain can be used until June 6th. 

Thanks for visiting and have a crafty day!


11 comments:

Ellibelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellibelle said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! Love your take on the sketch and the colors match those given at CCC, so beautiful!
(Sorry about deleting the above comment - had a mistake in it.)
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

HilaryJane said...

Your card turned out brilliantly, thanks for explaining how you made that fabulous panel. Gundi's card is truly special too and she is always very generous, what a wonderful stash of goodies. I shall look forward to seeing what you make with them xx

Julia Aston said...

Great use of both the colors and the sketch Linda - beautiful papers used and lovely coloring of the florals! xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is a marvelous take on the sketch, Linda! Pretty card!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Linda. You did so well to get so many of the options. Looks incredible.

papierelle said...

You have implemented all four specifications? ... wow!!!!
I'm always happy when I manage two specifications.
Your card is beautiful, I also love the large text, it's always a great eye-catcher.
And now I'm excited to see what kind of stamps you will design!!!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, linda. hats off to you for combining all those techniques with the colors and sketch!

Jean said...

Fabulous use of the colors and sketch! I'm sure it was well received by Mia!

Loll said...

LOVE your gorgeous triptych card Linda. The colours are amazing with the beautiful flowers flowing across the three panels. Great work! And what a fabulous card you received from Gundi! Fun! xx

Greta said...

Just love the card you sent to Mia--beautifully done! Fun envelope from Gundi & I know you'll make some great stamps with those diecuts!