Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

A Wreath on the Door

Hey friends - thought I'd pop back with another wreath for the June CAS Christmas Challenge. I love the theme and managed to snag a new door die on sale at Hobby Lobby 40% off or, as I like to convince myself, practically free! 

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Poptone Black Licorice; Tim Holtz red & scrap of silver
Dies - Spellbinders Open House Door Base
Stamps with dies - Hero Arts From the Vault Home Scene &
Santa's Door Accessories (retired)
Embossing Folder - Darice Stripes
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts Lacquer

Funny part - I already have a Spellbinders door from the October 2020 club. Oops, haven't even opened it yet! That'll be my next door card - LOL. Die cut and assembled the door - used a pearl for the door knob for more dimension. Stamped, colored & die cut the wreath, bow & kitty. Added lacquer to the berries. Embossed an A2 white card with the stripe ef to be the house & added the door elements - done. I couldn't find a spot for a sentiment so will just stamp the inside later...

I'll also add this to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge since my door set is new. And this card fits for the June Christmas Kickstart Challenge, I realized - since my card has a kitty. Pawsome!!

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!

 




15 comments:

Pat said...

This is a fun die and a terrific card Linda, and I love the snoozing kitty on the doorstep and that pretty wreath with a huge bow hanging on the door..what a clever idea to add the black pearl for the door knob, and I love the embossed stripes for the wall of the house too. Thanks for joining in again with us over at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

Lisa Elton said...

Yup, practically free! Terrific card, Linda. I like the 'siding' behind the door, not to mention your pretty wreath and sleepy little kitten! So happy to see this in our CAS Christmas gallery!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful, and it's cozy! 😍

Betty said...

love this Linda - makes such a cute card! if you ever want to sell one of those doors, I'll buy it!

Jean said...

So cute and the dry-embossed background works nicely with the door, wreath, and cat.

Colleen said...

Wow, Linda this is fabulous...I love that door die, what a great find! And the sweet kitty on the porch and the awesome wreath on the door! Perfect Christmas scene! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful door Linda, I love the contrast of the red door with the wreath against the white and the little kitty is adorable on the mat :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

papierelle said...

Amazing!!! And the best thing about the card is the little cat outside the door.

Loll said...

Sweet card Linda. LOVE your new "free" door die! :) So elegant in dark red with the white siding of the house. The wreath is so pretty. And I LOVE your adorable sleeping cat! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Rosemary said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Linda. Love that sweet little wreath.

Linda said...

Linda another beautiful card to add to the gallery. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Greta said...

Oh what a sweet card!

Di said...

Wow Linda - what a great card! LOVE the door, wreath and the kitty of course! A really lovely scene, which reminds me of here.

For a lot of years one of our neighbours' cats used to spend her time on our outside front doormat. To the point that most people thought Penny owned us. Eventually, three half crescent coir and then ruined from scratching door mats later we've had to resort to a cat scarer to stop her from settling and then wrecking the place. I feel so mean but then see her, smirking at me from the roof of my car in revenge! Happy days!

Come and play in the Snippets Playground!! We'd love that.

Hugs

Di xx

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous Christmas door!

Trina P. said...

What we do to justify our “practically free” duplicate purchases! 😂*lol* Sweet card. The wreath on the door is the perfect spot for it. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.