Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Christmas Mouse House

Hi there - I hope you're enjoying the weekend! I was heading to a craft expo but my sister-in-law suggested going tomorrow instead. Fine, I thought, I'll do some chores - ha, ha! A bit of crafty clean-up sent me into making another card for the June Christmas Kickstart Challenge (my third and final entry).

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
rest gifted by Arlene
Dies - Poppystamps Winter House Pop Up Easel Set;
Stamps with Dies - Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate Critters
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts pearl;

Did you know that mice have four toes on their front paws on five on the back ones? Crazy what you learn by googling! Anyway, I'd stamped an extra set of mice when I made my first Kickstart entry and I thought they'd be darling cut apart and placed in the windows of a pop-up house from Poppystamps. Thanks to my friend Arlene (A Bit of This and That) for die cutting me a few of these cute pop-up cards!

Funny story - I'd pulled out the house's red bits from the little bag Arlene sent them in. You guessed it, one went missing in a pile of paperwork I had on the kitchen counter. I painstakingly went through each paper and receipt - sure enough, my missing piece turned up. Whew!! They are a bit fiddly to assemble but so rewarding when you see the final product. I die cut a stopper for the pop-up using the stoop die from the Spellbinders set from my door card (Kickstart entry #2). Also had an extra kitty I'd stamped earlier and thought she'd be cute napping while the mice took over the house. I used a couple of printed TE sentiment strips and a black pearl - done! Here's a side view:


That's it for today - thanks for stopping by!!


12 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Oh my I like your 'chore', this turned out so adorable!!

Jean said...

Could not be cuter! A very special holiday card!

Greta said...

Just darling, Linda! So glad you found the missing piece!

Dawn T said...

This looks like a winner to me Linda. It's AMAZING!

Betty said...

I agree with Dawn - winner, winner - those little mice are so adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling card! Love the little mice peeking out of the windows!

papierelle said...

I'm blown away. This card is so cute and so beautifully designed. And the sweet little cat is also there again!!!

HilaryJane said...

Your house looks so warm and cosy and just right for those little mice. I admire your patience putting it together and searching for that missing piece. I am so glad you found it xx

Di said...

Oh my gosh - WOW - just WOW! How did you ever have so much patience Linda. Gorgeous card!

Hugs

Di xx

Trina P. said...

“Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse!” 😂 This is fabulously adorable! I predict a winner here! 😉

Rosemary said...

Wow! This card is absolved amazing, Linda.

Loll said...

So totally adorable, Linda. Love your mouse house. Great work putting it all together with all those fiddly bits. You've created a sweet, fun card! xx