Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 20, 2022

Fireplace Mice

Hey crafty friends - hope you're enjoying your day! It's a warm 91F here in Minnesota but I'm not complaining since, all too soon, it'll be below zero!! I finally had a chance to play with a new Lawn Fawn set that I bought during the Memorial Day sales. My order came so fast and with some little extras that I feel badly for not getting to use it sooner! I wanted to play along with the June Christmas Kickstart Challenge Pawfectly Pawsome. I thought the LF mice would be darling peeking over a fireplace mantle.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
BoBunny Joyful Christmas; various scraps; A2 card
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Simply Celebrate Critters (with dies);
Christmas Trimmings (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Fireplace (retired);
Penny Black Wood Floors
Embossing Folder - Taylored Expressions Subway Tile (retired)
Other - Park Lane gems; Copic Markers

I stamped the mice & colored with Copics. Stamped the speech bubble and added various mini sentiments. The LF set has a row of sentiments but they're mainly for celebrations. I just found some small ones from other sets to use - very easy! Die cut both elements then all the pieces to the fireplace, the stockings & the wood floor (another recent purchase). 

Glued a panel of patterned paper to an A2 card, then added the floor with baseboard. Assembled all the rest and added to the card - very fiddly but worth it, I think! My Favorite Things retired the fireplace set I used but they carry another one here that I don't like as much.

I will also add this to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge since the mice stamps and floor die are newly used today.

Thanks for visiting & have a crafty day!!

 



12 comments:

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable! Fun combination of patterns as well.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Linda. I love those little mice.

Cindy C. said...

OMG this is super adorable!! I have been debating if I want that stamp set too, it's really fun, isn't it?!

Pat said...

This is so cute Linda and I love the sweet little mice on the mantelpiece all shouting out their good wishes, and the cute little row of stockings over the roaring fire, and the background works brilliantly. Thanks for visiting us again at the NBUS Challenge. x

Lisa Elton said...

Oo my goodness, what a sweet scene! So warm and cozy and the mice are just adorable!

Dotty Jo said...

Another totally pawsome make, Linda! I really love the roaring fire and the little mice on the mantlepiece. Just adorable. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

papierelle said...

Oh that's so cute how each little mouse 'guards' his Christmas stocking.

Di said...

Wow Linda - this really is a wonderful Christmas card. It must have taken ages to plan out and make - but what a result!

Hugs

Di xx
Christmas Kickstart GD

Loll said...

So totally adorable Linda. Your mice look happy sitting on the mantel. Great fun! xx

Betty said...

those little mice are the cutest ever - especially with the little stockings and words - wonderful little scene!!

Greta said...

You make the cutest scenes, Linda! Love this!

Arlene said...

I LOVE, LOVE this card. WOW - so worth the time!