Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, June 9, 2022

A Holiday Wreath for CAS Christmas

Woo Hoo - CAS Christmas is baaaaack!! I'm so happy because, even with my regular entries at Christmas Kickstart, my card production has fallen woefully behind. For the CAS Christmas June Challenge,  host Linda (Lin's Craft Corner) requests that we include a wreath on our clean and simple holiday card - here's my offering:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; American Crafts plaid
Stamps with Dies - Spellbinders Wreath (retired SDS-093)
Embossing Folder - Taylored Expressions Weathered
Dies - Altenew Mix and Match Frames
Other - Copic Markers; 

I can't get enough of my new Altenew frame die set so the deckle rectangle makes another appearance, once again embossed with the TE Weathered folder - just love the texture. Added it to an A2 card along with a scrap of plaid. I stamped and die cut the retired Spellbinders wreath (from a lovely including three words and a pinecone spray) & colored with Copics. Backed it with 2 more diecuts before adding to the card. A simple preprinted sentiment matted in black finished the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!!



14 comments:

Jean said...

Wonderful texture and pattern for the background to showcase the beautiful wreath!

Loll said...

Sweet card Linda. LOVE your gorgeous wreath over top of the textured background. The plaid on the side adds a punch of colour. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty wreath, Linda! Love the texture and pattern you added to your card!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Linda. You inspired me to get the Altenew frame die and I'm loving the deckle one too. Love this gorgeous wreath too.

Cat Craig said...

Love all the texture you got on this card, rustic and elegant all in one.

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous wreath and I love that embossed background. the strip of plaid finishes it off perfectly xx

Lin said...

Really striking design, Linda - love that wreath, and the bold plaid is such a nice touch, as is your textured background!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, beautiful wreath and love your textured background ♥ Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas- it is so great to be going again my stash is not where it should be :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love the pretty wreath, the rustic texture of the background, and the deckled edges of the front panel, Linda! The added plaid panel makes a wonderful accent. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Greta said...

Beautiful wreath & card, Linda! Love the dry embossing!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card Linda! The embossing in the BG looks great!

Linda said...

Love your pretty embossed background to showcase your lovely wreath. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Trina P. said...

I’m so behind on my Christmas card stash, too. Fabulous card. Your wreath is beautiful against a beautiful white textured background. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely grapevine wreath with the floral spray on one side Linda - beautifully colored and framed on the embossed panel! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx