Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, June 16, 2022

More Masculine Embossing

Hey friends - I'm back with another entry for the June Let's Squash It! Challenge to Make It Manly. An embossing folder with an excellent price point and a manly feel caught my eye today at JoAnn. I whipped up this card very quickly!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Michaels kraft cardstock;
BoBunny Family Heirlooms, plus some scraps from unk
Stamp w/Coordinating Die - Unity Many More Birthdays
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit Jun2016 (retired)
Embossing Folder - Place & Time Arrows Open Road
Other - Black Soot & Antique Linen Distress Inks;
Hero Arts Navy Ink

I used another stamp set purchased recently from Unity - just love their jumbo sentiments with coordinating dies (sold separately). Tuesday's card had an anniversary one & you'll see a third one down the road. I stamped and die cut the sentiment and layered for dimension. Embossed a panel of kraft card stock and trimmed to layer atop some map paper from BoBunny. Added everything to an A2 card along with a little airplane die cut made from an old Hero Arts kit. Done!

I'm also adding to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge since my sentiment got first play today, as well as the embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting!!
 




15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun guy card, I like the map! I picked up a cute floral EF at JoAnn today! They didn't have this one, too bad!

Pat said...

This looks great Linda and I love the map background with the die cut plane and then the strip of embossing on kraft card which looks perfect over the top and was a real bargain, and the large stamped and die cut sentiment works brilliantly. Thank you for joining in with us again at the NBUS Challenge this time. x

Carol L said...

At first glance, I thought this was a little booklet, but after reading I realized it's just a great masculine card! Love that map paper with the embossed panel. Great card!

Dawn T said...

Great masculine card Linda. I struggle with them... better look through my folders and see what I can do.

papierelle said...

Another very cool and masculine card!!

ionabunny said...

Love this. That arrow embossing folder is very cool. Great design and colours. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Jean said...

Such a cool folder that nicely coordinates with the other masculine elements on the card.

Angelnorth said...

Great combination of elements Linda, that arrows folder looks like it will be extremely versatile!

HilaryJane said...

You are definitely very good at male cards. this one is excellent, I love that embossing folder xx

Trina P. said...

Another magnificent masculine card! You always find the best deals.

Rosemary said...

fabulous masculine card, linda.

JH said...

What a great card!! I love that embossing folder and the die cut sentiment too!

Kathy said...

I was looking at other artist's work because I wanted to leave at least 3 comments as requested by the challenge owner. As I scanned the thumbnails your plane and maps caught my eye. I love to travel and it is a great masculine card in the elements you have chosen and the simplicity of it all for guys!

Greta said...

What a great masculine card, Linda!

Dotty Jo said...

This is stunning, Linda! Sorry I'm a bit late commenting for Let's squash It! Jo x