Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Summer Strawberries!

Hey everyone - it's my turn to post at Die Cut Divas! We're celebrating June with a Summer Days theme even though, astronomically speaking, summer didn't start in the Northern Hemisphere until today. Meanwhile our friends in the Southern Hemisphere are enjoying winter - hopefully our challenge will give them a reminder of summer fun! Here's the card I'm sharing at DCD:

Supplies: Digi - SheepSki Designs Strawberry Season
Paper - Hero Arts Pitch Black &Sky Layering Paper (retired);
Neenah white; Paper Studio Red; scrap of strip by ??
Dies - Spellbinders Lacey Squares
Other - Copic Markers; white gel pen


The Diva team received some SheepSki images to try so you'll see several examples of Strawberry Season this month, including a beauty HERE from Cindy (Escape to Stamping). Thanks to Arlene (A Bit of This and That) for printing the images for me! I enjoyed coloring the strawberry image, including the background which I did using various light B Copics. I could've done better on my shadows but, hey, I'm a novice! Don't know why it happens, but I get a big blob of ink right when I'm finishing! This time it was a bit of grey on a flower - really had to work to clean that up but I did ok...I think.

I cut the colored digi into a square and added a thin mat layer, then adhered to a lacey square. I've had that Spellbinders die set for ages & was delighted to be able to find it in the stash!! The sentiment came in a 9/2021 Small Die of the Month set - what a great set with several words plus shadows and two flowers with leaves. I stacked the black hello 4 times for dimension and added a white shadow. The striped paper was from my scrap bin and already cut at that angle - thought it added some interest behind the strawberry image.

I've been trying to do a bonus card for each of my Diva posts and today is no exception. I used a larger print of the same image & went horizontal for a different look. I saw some pink flowers while googling images of strawberry blossoms so thought I'd try to replicate. Argh - another blob, right on a flower (pretty obvious in the photo but I hope I fixed it ok). I kept the mats simple and added to a top fold horizontal A2 card along with a plaid scrap from the bin. The sentiment strip came from a preprinted Taylored Expressions pack Simple Strips in Reverse - Love. I die cut a sheet of them using their Simple Strips Die so have a nice variety of love themed strips ready.


I hope you'll pop on over and add your summer themed card to our June Diva Gallery! Just remember to include a die cut or embossing folder in your design along with the summer theme. As you'll see, it can be for any occasion with a summer bent :)

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!



10 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a "sweet" card Linda. It is gorgeous.

Cindy C. said...

Both cards really wonderful, and I so enjoy the pink flowers on the second card! Thank you for the shoutout Linda!

Jean said...

Your patterned paper choices pair terrifically with the beautiful strawberry images.

Michelle N. said...

Wonderful job on both cards! Great paper choices and designs!

Arlene said...

I love both cards, but I especially love the card I received - the first card because it is here in my house. LOL I love the way you colored the strawberries on both cards - good enough to eat.

Lisa Elton said...

Goodness those strawberries look scrumptious and I love the little blooms! Lovely cards, Linda!

papierelle said...

Yes, bring on the strawberries!! I love her!!! And I love your cards, you chose a great picture and colored it wonderfully.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful card and design. Beautiful colouring and the colours says summer! 👏

Rosemary said...

Beautiful set of cards, Linda. That image is so pretty and your coloring is amazing.

Greta said...

Beautiful summery cards! Love how you colored the strawberry image!