Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Last Day for May Anything Goes at Die Cut Divas

Hey Diva friends - I'm sharing the card below at Die Cut Divas today with the rest of the end-of-month team. It's the last day of our May Anything Goes Challenge with sponsor CAS-ual Fridays and we hope you'll pop over!

Supplies: Stamp/Die - CAS-ual Fridays Big Thanks Duo
Paper - Neenah white; Spellbinders A2 card;
Tim Holtz kraft core cardstock; Doodlebug
Other - Park Lane gems; Distress Inks; Copic Markers


I started with the idea to do a stamped rainbow of thanks down the edge of a white card. A couple colors went wonky when my paper shifted - really need a sticky mat for my MISTI!! Luckily I was able to save them by placing the die carefully over the stamped words. The die cuts the word into 3 pieces and I was a bit off a couple times. Just colored any white using a matching Copic marker. Then I glued the 3 pieces of each word together & onto the card - not perfect but I really liked how this turned out. The dotted border came from a Doodlebug Halloween pad and I trimmed it with a strip of black. Each word got a matching gem - done!

And now for a bonus: 


This is take two using the thanks set and some wood plank paper. This paper was browner than the piece I used for my May 21st bonus card so I used a kraft A2 card behind it. I'd already stamped the thanks in dark red onto white and then die cut the piece using the outline die. I stacked more outlines behind for dimension. I added some more of the greenery from the Garden Fri-dies (retired) and a couple flowers (colored with Copics) from another stamp/die set - Flower Duo.

Remember - you have until 9pm Pacific time to add your Anything Goes card using a die cut or embossing folder to the May Diva Gallery. Hope to see you there and thanks for stopping!!


7 comments:

Dawn T said...

Lovely cards Linda. Love the rainbow thanks. And the bonus card is just as beautiful.

Arlene said...

That rainbow card really stands out! And that lovely woodgrain panel with flowers is beautiful. Love your cards.

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty thank you cards, Linda! Love the colors of the second one!

Jean said...

Two very different approaches with that sentiment terrifically showcased.

Cat Craig said...

Wonderfully colorful cards, Linda.

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of cards, linda. love the pretty blooms on the second card.

Greta said...

Wonderful idea for the first card, Linda! Love matching the dots in the paper with the words! Your second card is just beautiful! Really love your coloring & the plank paper for the background!