Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother's Day USA!

Hey crafty friends - Happy Mother's Day if you're celebrating in the USA! It's a sad one for me, just having lost my mom last month. Yesterday would've been my parents' 67th wedding anniversary so that was another sad occasion. But we keep keepin' on and celebrating those still with us like Queen Mum Mary, dear friend and the mom of my former quartet lead singer. Here's the card I sent Mary; I previously shared the card I sent to my auntie, my second mom.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 Card; Spellbinders
Digi print - Joy Clair Designs Count Me In
Stamp - Paper Smooches All Year Cheer (NIB)
Other - Copic Markers

Who says you can't use paper from a Christmas pad for another holiday? On Friday I shared a card with papers from the 2021 Spellbinders Limited Edition Christmas kit and I've used an A2 layer of the plaid here. It's so pretty with the ombre lilac to grey. I had a digi print left from last month's Die Cut Diva sponsor Joy Clair Designs - decided to use it with the plaid for a simple card. The print has flowers top and bottom but I trimmed the top off for future use. Colored the panel with Copics, stamped the sentiment & done!

Here's a photo of my mom from last year's Mother's Day. She's holding a large flower pot I bought her which she enjoyed all the way til it froze last fall. She just about drove my dad nuts asking him if he watered it! Amazing what can happen in a year.


Take care all and enjoy time with your family - so precious!! Thanks for stopping!

13 comments:

Cindy C. said...

I hear you Linda, please take care! Many virtual hugs!!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, I don't know how I missed your Mom's passing. I am so sorry to hear that. The first year is so tough all those anniversaries and holidays. Sending many heartfelt hugs.

YOur card is a joy to look at so lovely with all the blooms.

Loll said...

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your mom recently Linda. What a lovely memory you have with your photo of your mom from last year. And what a special card you've made for your friend, Mary. It's so beautiful. xx

Jean said...

Thinking of you today, Linda. A lovely photo of your mother. The card you created for your friend is a delight.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Linda. I'm sure the lovely lady you made this pretty card for enjoyed it very much!

Rosemary said...

A lovely Mother's Day card for your friend! Thinking of you today as you remrmber and honor your mom!

papierelle said...

A very beautiful CAS card and it is so kind of you how fondly and warmly you remember your mother.

Dawn T said...

such a pretty card Linda. Lots of firsts - but time will heal. Sending lots of hugs.

Pia S said...

I think your Mother’s Day card is lovely. I’m so sorry about your mum, it must be tough on you and especially with the special occasion dates...

Betty said...

I'm so sorry I missed your post about your Mom -and so saddened for you - her love for you and yours for her will keep her with you always. And a lovely card you've created for you auntie.

Trina P. said...

So sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way. Take care and keep on keeping on.
Your card is beautiful… Mary must have loved it.

Greta said...

I love the design of your card & your coloring, Linda! You're so right--gotta appreciate & make use of the time we have with our loved ones. I know it's a sad time for all of you, but happy memories & pictures like this one can bring comfort. Sending hugs, Greta

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful card and so perfect for mothers' day. I love how you have done the flowers hanging from the sentiment strip and the plaid background is amazing. There will be a lot of firsts for you this year, but it will keep her in your thoughts and help you remember the good times xx